Direct Marketing Manager
Reports to Vice President, Marketing
King Arthur Flour is looking for an intellectually curious, digital and business-savvy marketing manager. The ideal candidate for this position has experience managing catalogue and e-mail circulation, customer acquisition and retention, is committed to leveraging data-driven insights to optimize our marketing efforts, and is able to think strategically while still being hands on.
The Direct Marketing Manager plans, organizes, directs, and works closely with the VP of Marketing to develop and recommend overall catalogue marketing and circulation strategy, keeping both short-term and long-term business objectives in mind.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Manages marketing plan for King Arthur Flour's Baker's Catalogue including catalogue circulation, email marketing, and alternative sources.
- Manages our customer database, including data structure, data sources, and reporting.
- Directs circulation management consultant to assure efficient and profitable execution of circulation and sales plan. Manages relationship.
- Manages promotion plan for the catalogue business. Coordinates and communicates promotion plan. Works closely with business leaders to formulate a promotion strategy and implement a coordinated promotion plan.
- Works closely with the Director of Merchandising and the Director of Operations and Inventory Planning in integrating the merchandising and marketing strategies to achieve business demand and financial goals.
- Oversees and develops customer acquisition programs and ensures these programs are within customer lifetime value goals.
- Manages our multi-channel loyalty programs, Baker's Rewards and Baker's Rewards Plus, including project management, program analysis and reporting, and profitability analysis.
- Develops and maintains consistent marketing and customer reports for business decision-making support (by using the data warehouse from our Third-Party Customer Database provider)
- Creates and manages print plan and communication with our catalogue printer.
- Manages paper forecasting and paper ordering with our paper supplier.
- Seeks opportunities and manages alternatives channels such as insert media as a profitable customer acquisition tool.
- Manages other functions such as our outbound package insert program.
- Provides monthly reports to summarize campaign performance, track KPIs, share key insights and highlight opportunities to make our catalogue marketing efforts more efficient and effective.
- Works with the digital marketing and web teams to collect and analyze data on performance and conversion rates for our direct marketing efforts.
- Collaborates with Digital Marketing and Content Director and our email and social marketing team members to ensure the alignment of our digital spend with catalogue business objectives and budget.
- Stays ahead of industry trends by maintaining a thorough understanding of direct marketing best practices, new tools, relevant industry benchmarks and KPIs.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Catalogue circulation experience required
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required with an emphasis in Excel
- Database management experience recommended
- Must be able to think strategically, manage tactical implementation, and identify opportunities for improvement through campaign reporting and analysis
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, energetic, adaptable, flexible, and reliable
- Love and understanding of baking; genuine enthusiasm for all things King Arthur Flour
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.)
- Must have 5+ years related experience in direct marketing
Back to top