Reports to VP of Operations
The King Arthur Flour (KAF) Commercialization Manager is accountable for leading the project management and facilitating the successful execution of end-to-end supply chain solutions. Key job duties include, but are not limited to: the commercialization of new products and line extensions as well as identifying and delivering on-going productivity through continuous improvement activities. The Commercialization Manager will act as the Operations point with all cross-functional stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Business Process Improvement and Finance). The KAF Commercialization Manager will be accountable for leading, managing and effectively communicating all aspects of project milestones and deliverables to cross-functional team members, business leaders and external partners. The KAF Commercialization Manager will serve as communication liaison between all internal KAF cross-functional stakeholders as well as external partners. The KAF Commercialization Manager will be accountable for establishing, implementing and utilizing all necessary tools and processes to successfully deliver robust, efficient and nimble solutions.
Success in the KAF Commercialization Manager role will require an individual to be well organized, able to work independently, multi-task and manage complex projects in a highly dynamic environment. Key behaviors for success include, but are not limited to: strong interpersonal and communication skills, technical mastery of food packaging and processing systems, ability to effectively problem solve, utilize continuous improvement tools and processes, effectively negotiate, effectively influence, and facilitate collaboration between diverse stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
Essential job function
- Accountable for the development and execution of end-to-end supply chain solutions to successfully commercialize and continuously improve KAF products.
- Accountable for ensuring accuracy of project chartering, product set ups, specifications, requirements, etc. Validate that all appropriate tools, applications, platforms and processes are appropriately utilized and accurately configured.
- Lead packaging and product change management processes. Identify, organize and utilize all necessary technical subject matter expertise to ensure effective primary, secondary and tertiary packaging solutions are achieved as needed.
- Facilitate effective collaboration, communication and execution of all necessary internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide on-going communication updates to KAF Leadership and Cross-functional stakeholders via the development and utilization of relevant project trackers, communication tools and processes.
- As an individual contributor, develop and leverage strong subject matter expertise of all internal and external production and packaging line capabilities necessary to effectively scope projects, manage constraints and support the investment of capital as needed.
- Develop and deliver continuous improvements necessary to deliver all relevant product renovations, standardizations and rationalizations.
- Participate in the S&OP process, review product demand forecast and specifications, change requests and contracts to ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are considered in sourcing and production planning.
- Identify on-going productivity pipelines. Deliver operational savings, ensuring that savings are tracking according to expectations.
- Travel and resource all on-site activities necessary to appropriately test, qualify, validate commercialization activities as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 - 10 years of relevant experience in R&D, engineering, operations or commercialization in food manufacturing.
- Proven track record with multi-market, multi-channel product launches.
- Proven track record of project management, including all elements of scope, time, cost, risk, quality, integration, procurement, human resources and communication.
- Proven track-record of effectively managing and executing multiple projects concurrently in a dynamic environment.
- Proven track-record of identifying and delivering on-going cost-savings.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, and utilization of continuous improvement tools and processes.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to influence, collaborate and effectively interact with all levels and functions within the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and change of directions.
Meet Some of King Arthur Flour's Employees
Assistant Product Manager
Rosie brings the joy of baking to King Arthur Flour's customers. From cupcake papers to cookie cutters to high-end bread machinery, Rosie ensures that bakers can do what they love seamlessly.
Back to top