Reports to Customer Support Team Leader
Drawing on their baking knowledge and experience, the Customer Support Baker Specialists are the core of King Arthur Flour's Baker's Hotline. The Baker Specialist will act as the "go to" support for our customers and all of their baking adventures (and mis-adventures). The Baker Specialist will continue to expand their baking knowledge through involvement in our Test Kitchen. Within Customer Support, the Baker Specialist will support the larger Customer Service team in any capacity necessary, including handling customer orders, responding to customer inquiries, email, chat and related duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Provide exemplary customer service to all of King Arthur Flour's customers
- Correspond and engage King Arthur Flour customers through multiple channels, including phone, mail, online chat, email, and social media
- Respond to and resolve customer contacts/issues in a complete and satisfactory manner
- Support Customer Support team through any means necessary, including taking Baker's Catalogue orders, resolving order issues, and other tasks
- Act as the "go to" resource for baking and product knowledge for customers and coworkers.
- Assist in maintaining up to date product and baking resources within department
- Work with other departments to update product information as necessary
- Share baking knowledge and experience to increase the overall knowledge, understanding, and performance of Customer Support department
- Other departments may request assistance from Bakers to cover special assignments. These must be pre-approved by the CS Manager. When working on any of these assignments, the baker will take direction from that department team leader or project point person.
- Under the direction of the test kitchen staff team, test recipes and products, while providing actionable feedback to ensure high quality product results. This will most often require working independently.
- Display commitment to KAF mission and service
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as necessary/assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Flexibility and positive attitude
- Passion for King Arthur Flour and its products
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong desire to expand personal knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to work as part of a team serving the needs of King Arthur Flour's customers
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively answer wide range of baking questions
- Ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive, positive manner
- Flexible schedules including evenings and weekends
- Thorough understanding of all KAF products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Word and Excel, and internet browsing
- Familiarity with multiple social media platforms
- Strong technical support skills
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words a minute
- College or culinary degree
- Professional baking experience in restaurant, bakery, or comparable position
- Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Back to top