Vice President of Manufacturing
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Operations, the Vice President of Manufacturing is responsible for the overall Strategic and Operational leadership and management of operations at KIND Snacks which includes, but is not limited to the coordination of the manufacturing, production planning and logistics operations. This role is accountable for the development and achievement of monthly, annual and long term strategic plans, as well as operational improvement initiatives related to the cost, efficiency, waste, quality, and environmental management of all co-manufacturers.
- Responsible for the overall operational performance of our contract manufacturing partners inclusive of productivity and finished goods output, production planning and schedule attainment, product cost, adherence to quality standards, systems implementation, and continuous process improvement.
- This position will play a critical role in the selection of new processing equipment as well as the management of capital project installations from concept to validated startup.
- This role will interface with Marketing, Product Development, Production Planning, our Manufacturing partners and others, and is responsible for the successful manufacture of new product launches, product change and manufacturing systems commissioning.
- Will help set and track goals and objectives for our contract manufacturers and direct reports in the areas of efficiencies, service, quality and cost.
- Will build strong working relationships and collaborate strategically with all internal and external partners.
- Expected to lead provide Strategic Leadership to ensure improved partnership, current Network Optimization and future growth and innovation.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace, high growth organization with a sense of urgency in meeting corporate objectives. Demonstrated leadership capability is required.
- The successful candidate will have 10 - 15 years of experience in a manufacturing or operations environment with a Fortune 500 consumer products goods company. Food and beverage experience is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 to10 years of directly relevant experience in a manufacturing facility serving in the role of plant engineering, plant management, and project management. A plant or departmental manager with budgetary responsibility is needed. Direct line authority over a production operation is a must.
- Travel domestically required (50%).
- Experience in working with third party contract manufacturers, and/or material vendors are a plus.
- Strategy development is a key responsibility for this role. The VP of Manufacturing will evaluate the existing manufacturing structure and capabilities, develop the appropriate manufacturing strategies to respond to the business needs and provide leadership and guidance to the plants to effectively execute the agreed upon strategies.
- Ideal candidate will have proven experience in building process and strategy.
- Project financial analysis experience is required.
- Candidate needs to be proficient in working with Excel and project management tools.
- Managed a successful capital project installation valued at more than $5 million.
- Lean manufacturing implementation with cost reduction project experience is required.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration or equivalent experience is required, Master’s degree is preferred.
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Summer hours, chair massages, social office gatherings, and other KIND and fun ways to reward and engage our team!
- Tuition reimbursement – because we’re committed to your development!
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
Keyword: manufacturing, VP, vice president, operations, coman, plant
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top