Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do
The Supply Planner will develop, execute, maintain and report on detailed demand, inventory, purchase and delivery plans for all products, manufactured or externally procured, that are processed in those locations for deployment to regional distribution centers (DRP). Other key responsibilities include analyzing data and making recommendations to achieve profitability, customer coverage, and inventory goals. This position uses knowledge about capacity constraints and best practices in performing planning activities.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels of materials at the distribution centers and take corrective action where necessary
- Communicate availability information and resolve issues with internal stakeholders
- Create and maintain stock transport orders (STOs)
- Monitor and maintain master distribution schedule, including handling exceptions and taking action to optimize inventory across the distribution centers
- Review and execute to capacity constraints and operations plan on regular basis
- Provide supply forecasts to 3PL partners and internal customers
- Participate in the Potential Excess Inventory (PEI) process
- Initiate, organize, and participate in continuous improvement activities
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the document control process and participate in department or company training activities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- APICS certifications and/or coursework in planning, scheduling, inventory management, inventory control, Lean, Six Sigma and theory of constraints, preferred
- 2-4 years of distribution planning or related experience in supply chain methodologies (inventory data entry and planning preferred)
- Established knowledge of industry and customers
- Able to complete responsibilities in a timely, professional and quality manner
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills, effective business analysis, project management and quantitative skills
- Proven effective team player with ability to build and maintain relationships to achieve results
- Inquisitive, with ability to research and make efficient use of resources to achieve effective business results
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects simultaneously, ability to transfer lessons learned into new processes; flexibility in job focus
- Proficient in using reporting through standard ERP software (JDE preferred), Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Windows operations
What KIND Offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Summer hours, chair massages, social office gatherings, and other KIND and fun ways to reward and engage our team!
- Tuition reimbursement – because we’re committed to your development!
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
Keyword: supply planner, inventory, planning
Back to top