Sr. NPD Technologist
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
From the healthy snacks we make to the way we work, live and give back, we are committed to making the world a little kinder, because we believe that there’s more to business than just profit.
What you'll do:
The Sr. NPD Technologist will be involved with formula development, optimization and productivity initiatives within KIND’s NPD team. The position reports to the Senior Food Scientist and will be located in our company headquarters in New York City. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports NPD team with prototyping, formulation, pilot production and scale-up to plant implementation for new products and product/process improvement projects.
- Request and review new/current ingredient documentation for ingredient onboarding.
- Support Non-GMO Project onboarding for finished products.
- Maintain ingredient specs and finished good specs.
- Support shelf life studies – real time and accelerated.
- Attend plant trials for alternate suppliers, productivity projects, and innovation projects with NPD team members.
- Maintain ingredient inventory in lab for current and future innovation.
- Support Sr. Food Scientist and Food Scientist with formula development in lab.
- Research suppliers and new ingredients to stay ahead of supplier capabilities.
- Review artwork for new innovation, line extensions, club packs, and international packaging.
- Maintain the nutritional database for new and current products.
- Stay on top of trends and organize data from current competitive set.
- 45% Product/Formula optimization (experimental design)
- 35% Ingredient onboarding
- 10% Coordinate and support product sensory panels and shelf life
- 10% Front end innovation research to identify new areas of opportunity.
- A BS degree in Food Science
- 0-1 years of relevant concept to launch experience in a Corporate R&D setting.
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- Experience with Genesis, Master Control, TraceGains is desired.
- Ability to build strong trusted working relationships and rapport at all levels & demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Be able to travel up to 35%.
What KIND Offers:
Flexible Paid Time Off
Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
Summer hours, chair massages, social office gatherings, and other KIND and fun ways to reward and engage our team!
Tuition reimbursement – because we’re committed to your development!
A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
Keyword: New product development, formulation
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top