Sr. Manager Category Management, Kroger
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do
The Sr. Manager Category Management, Kroger is responsible for leading the development and management of Kroger specific recommendations to drive category and KIND growth while building and expanding KIND influence at Kroger. This role is responsible for leveraging wide ranging category, Kroger and KIND knowledge to develop winning strategies and tactics at Kroger.
- Partner with Category Insights, Category management and Marketing to deliver thought leadership via top notch category and shopper insights
- Leverage 84.51 data for inclusion in monthly consumption meetings
- Utilize a variety of information sources including, but not limited to customer specific data including 84.51 Shop, syndicated data, and market research in order to solve current business issues, define category and consumer trends and identify business opportunities. This analysis will be translated into fact-based recommendations, customer presentations, and best practices to support the Kroger team and KIND as a whole.
- Collaborate with the Kroger sales team to align trends and recommendations with customer and company goals and business development initiatives including the execution of distribution, shelving, pricing and merchandising strategies
- Maintain a strong relationship with Kroger by providing best in class recommendations aimed at solving business problems, uncovering new business opportunities, and ensuring that KIND is meeting the industry and category insights needs of the customer.
- Provide timely communication across various internal functions
- Identify and articulate fact based business opportunities internally and externally
- Deliver well thought out and constructed business and shopper solutions in the categories we participate in to Kroger
- Lead discovery and dissemination of new shopper insights
- Partner with internal category teams to build category management capabilities and expertise around merchandising, assortment, pricing, and shelving at Kroger
- Generate and analyze weekly, monthly and annual Kroger POS reporting to the Kroger team and the broader company
- Create POS and syndicated ad hoc reporting as needed
- Provide post-promotional analysis for KIND and competitive promotional programs conducted at Kroger and in key competitive retailers
- Bachelor’s degree in business emphasizing sales or marketing and job-related field or equivalent business experience is required
- 3-5 years’ experience working with Kroger category management and or shopper insights
- The ideal candidate has sales analytics and category management experience with Kroger, is a disciplined, detail-oriented individual who understands the internal processes and reporting requirements of the customer
- Advanced analytical capabilities
- Experience using multiple information sources including, but not limited to customer specific data including 84.51 Shop, syndicated data, etc.
- Possess strong project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Experience communicating complex information to audiences with different knowledge levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and follow-up skills
- Proven track record of working independently and meeting established deadlines is essential
- Solid knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point or similar software
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with syndicated (Nielsen, IRI) and shopper panel data
- Advanced skill working with Kroger specific data systems (Market6, 84.51 Shop)
- Experience working with space management and planning software
- Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions
- Advanced ability to inspire and motivate self and others
- Ability to penetrate senior leadership at Kroger
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Summer hours, chair massages, social office gatherings, and other KIND and fun ways to reward and engage our team!
- Tuition reimbursement – because we’re committed to your development!
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
Keyword: category management, business development, kroger, category insights
Back to top