Sr. Director of Communications
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do
The Senior Director of Communications leads the vision and development of a robust portfolio of communications initiatives. The ideal candidate will bring strong media relations skills and deep media relationships – particularly for national broadcast – extensive experience ideating and executing high-impact, national communications campaigns that drive significant and measurable results, a deep understanding of product/CPG food- or lifestyle-based communications, a strong creative side, and an established history developing staff. This role requires an ability to identify a story and tell it well at scale; it also drives much of KIND’s overall positioning in the marketplace and requires aggressive implementation of exceptional ideas.
While the Senior Director of Communications role requires exceptional media relations skills and established contacts; we’re seeking thoughtful story telling over blast pitching. This senior role oversees many of KIND’s most impactful consumer messaging programs and will be relied upon to identify and analyze business and audience needs to deliver messages via the most appropriate mix of media and channels that grow the business.
Chief among them is an ability to turn good stories into great story telling through a variety of channels in order to meet defined business objectives. Being creative, opportunistic and strategic are the top criteria for our ideal candidate, however we also require a candidate who is at the forefront of new and impactful communications strategies and execution with an eye for engaging creative is what we’re driving for. Specifically, this includes the following:
- Experience driving earned media at the highest levels through expert storytelling, both originating new content and finding new and better ways to tell existing storylines
- Experience developing creative communications campaigns that relate back to business results, specifically for lifestyle, food, CPG or related brands
- Proven track record establishing thought-leadership strategies
- Long history of successfully leading dynamic teams: developing talent, maintaining low turnover in a competitive market, and effectively managing managers while helping them achieve their full potential
- History managing agency partners, vendors and producers to success
- Leveraging social media and influencer marketing to help achieve communications goals
- Ability to use feedback, data and insights to inform and adjust communications planning and messaging
- Experience setting – and meeting – KPI’s for a cross-functional team
- The ability to work closely as primary liaison between digital, influencer and brand marketing teams
- Previous experience working with consumer and/or media brands is a must
- Experience managing multi-million dollar budgets is required
- Strong writing skills required
- History developing large scale activations around national events, sponsorships, etc.
- Ability to provide strategic program and communications counsel to key executive partners
- Ability to manage and prioritize work load and meet deadlines in a fast-paced communications functionKind: a person who goes above and beyond to be good to others (especially when it’s not necessary)
- Hungry: an insatiable desire to achieve
- Team-oriented: "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts"
- Curiosity: a desire to constantly learn
- Continuous Improvement: a desire to continuously get better
- Accountable: a person who takes ownership for results and how those results are
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Summer hours, chair massages, social office gatherings, and other KIND and fun ways to reward and engage our team!
- Tuition reimbursement – because we’re committed to your development!
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
Keyword: Communications, CPG, management
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top