Social Media Editor
Who are we?
Since its founding in 2004, KIND has been on a mission to make the world a little kinder one snack and one act at a time. KIND was born out of its founder’s desire to create a snack that was healthy and tasty, wholesome and convenient. What began as a line of premium Fruit & Nut bars sparked the creation of an entirely new healthier snacking category. Today, KIND has a family of snacks that offer solutions for a variety of different occasions.
From the healthy snacks, we make to the way we work, live and give back, we are committed to making the world a little kinder, because we believe that there’s more to business than just profit.
We're looking for passionate, conscious collaborators to help us meet our goals: to inspire kindness, with one tasty snack (and good act) at a time. If you’re looking to be a part of an inspiring, energetic and entrepreneurial environment, you found the right place.
What you’ll do
As the Social Media Editor you will be at the center of activity in establishing and maintaining a strong rapport with the social community and will elevate our presence across multiple platforms. You will…
- Create, conceive and present a social media strategy that supports and sometimes drives KIND’s overall brand positioning.
- Lead planning, sourcing and publishing the always-on monthly content calendar across all KIND owned channel.
- Engage quickly and efficiently in pop-culture/real time/trending moments, across platforms with accurate and engaging content
- Write compelling copy for social media posts that are true to the KIND brand & tone of voice
- Improve KIND’s social listening capabilities in order to help drive conversations and manage risk
- Help establish meaningful KPIs for campaigns and for the department
- Work with Customer Service to help address & solve customer complaints, questions, and other inquiries in a timely manner
- Produce community management guidelines & internal governance documents that reflect the overall understanding of social media and its rippling effects and communicate that to the entire organization.
- Participate constructively in inter-departmental brainstorms and actively contribute new & exciting ideas to implement in future campaigns & initiatives.
What you’ll bring to KIND
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- A partnership and relationship-based approach to working across our organization
- Outgoing, quick on your feet, so immersed in social media you frequently walk into lamp posts and on the front edge of what’s new
- A creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Someone who approaches all tasks and challenges with a headstrong "can-do" attitude and spirit
- Genuine in your desire to help make the world a kinder place, committing to always spreading and celebrating kindness
- 5-7 Years of Experience
- BA/BS, English, Journalism or Marketing background preferred
- Experience growing social audiences for established brands or media companies
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with social media management systems, analytics and social listening tools
- Graphic design and video editing skills
Keyword: communications, social media
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top