Sales Planning Manager
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do
The Trade Marketing team in general serves as the liaison and central point of contact between the marketing and sales teams, and other HQ teams as needed. The Sales Planning manager will further support this central function by serving as the liaison and central point of contact between sales and HQ teams in the planning processes for Innovation, AOP/Budget development, Pricing/Promotion and general sales strategy.
Sales Plan: Voice of Sales Team in Annual Planning Process and On-going Management
- Support development of annual customer plans, working closely with Finance partners and Sales Leadership.
- Ensure alignment between Sales Plans, Marketing objectives and overall company strategy.
- Manage all customer planning related activities for Sales team, including internal communication between HQ teams and outside Sales, and development and deployment of all related tools and processes.
- Evaluate existing tools and maintain or improve processes and resources as needed
- On-going evaluation of spending (causes of over-spending, identifying opportunities)
- Collaborate with Marketing to identify opportunities which represent intersection between Brand and customer priorities.
- Collaborate with Sales to identify appropriate and incremental customer opportunities.
- Lead on-going process improvement by engaging key stakeholders for feedback and identifying areas for gaining efficiencies and streamlining planning process.
Sales Standards: Existing Portfolio
- Collaborate with Sales leadership and internal HQ teams (Finance) to develop and maintain Sales standards for all existing product lines, including pricing, promotion, channel strategy, and any other related sales standards.
- Pricing and Promotion
- Own and maintain current pricing and promotion guidelines, including internal records and published price lists and letters to trade.
- Evaluate and gain alignment on price exceptions and changes, driven by either customer opportunities or internal HQ priorities and initiatives.
- Evaluate strategy and gain alignment on new merchandising initiatives (pack sizes, display tools) and related pricing and promotion.
- Sales Standards: New Product launches
- Collaborate with Sales leadership and internal HQ teams (Marketing, Finance) to develop comprehensive go-to-market launch strategy and Sales standards for new product launches.
- Pricing/Promotion: Collaborate with Sales and internal teams (Marketing, NPD, Finance) to develop pricing and promotion strategy for innovation.
- Identify appropriate launch strategy and opportunities for key accounts.
- Innovation Post-mortem
- Post-launch evaluation of go-to-market launch strategy, planning process, and product performance, in order to inform future product launch planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3-5 years of experience preferred, with relevant experience in the CPG industry
- Food industry experience and working knowledge of customer landscape/channels of trade preferred
- Experience in Sales Planning or Trade Marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Skilled in prioritization and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to collaborate across multiple functions, disciplines and levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to drive positive results in a highly dynamic, quickly evolving, fast growing organization
- Competence and mastery in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Summer hours, chair massages, social office gatherings, and other KIND and fun ways to reward and engage our team!
- Tuition reimbursement – because we’re committed to your development!
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
Keyword: Sales planning, trade marketing, business development
Back to top