Regional Sales Manager
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do
- Work with / manage and support broker teams in a way that creates a highly motivated, effective sales team to optimize placement and sales of KIND products within assigned accounts. Establish time bound goals and objectives and assess performance.
- Foster and manage relationships with applicable distributors, participating in sales meetings and maintaining awareness of their programs and, where appropriate, working with distributors’ key account managers to increase their knowledge and awareness of KIND products.
- Develop and manage relationships with key accounts to assist them in creating consumer demand at the store level. Work with retailer personnel and the marketing department to design creative merchandising and promotional programs tailored to customers as appropriate to the class of trade, market demographics, and retailer focus, and within allotted budget amounts.
- Collaborate with the Managing Director, other regional managers, and Marketing to develop overall sales strategies and tactics for assigned customers. Create effective annual business plans and operating budgets, as well as mutually supportive processes and systems to ensure effective plan execution.
- Develop monthly sales forecasts and prepare weekly analyses and reports that monitor and analyze sales activity and market trends. Conduct quarterly and/or annual business reviews with key customers, evaluating performance versus plan for various products, the effectiveness of promotions and programs, and potential for further growth with various accounts. Assess and pursue opportunities for development of new business
- Sales, Forecast and budget management ranging from projecting future case requirements to utilization and management of trade spend software such as TradePro.
- Provide ongoing education to brokers, distributors and retailers regarding the following:
- KIND product categories in general
- KIND products in particular
- KIND programs and promotions
- KIND social mission
- Manage special projects that are related to category or brand development in Canada ranging from new products go to market to channel development.
- Strong business acumen with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Track record of success in key account management
- Strong understanding of category management principles and execution
- Deep rooted understanding of the Canadian retail CPG market
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Experience negotiating customer agreements
- Energetic team player
- Problem solver
- Highly organized, self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Financially oriented with experience managing trade spend and forecasting
- PowerPoint and Excel savvy
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7-10 years relevant experience in key account management within CPG
- Broker management is an asset
- Existing network of relevant relationships within the Canadian retail marketplace
Keyword: Sales, Natural Food, Loblaws, Key Account Manager, CPG
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top