Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you'll do
The Quality Manager is responsible for leading external manufacturing facilities in quality and food safety practices. This role is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining quality management programs and procedures and will work in conjunction with external partners ensuring adherence to all quality and Food safety standards.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, corporate, customer and GFSI requirements
- Partner with external manufacturing facilities in HACCP/ Food Safety management and associated prerequisite programs
- Provide quality input on establishment of specifications for raw materials and finished goods
- Manage quality responses to customer and consumer complaints
- Provide quality inputs through commercialization phase of projects
- Mange Root Cause and Corrective Action responses from external manufacturing partners on all quality or food safety non-conformances
- Responsible for the ongoing development, implementation and improvement of the Quality Management System
- Establish, monitor and present quality key performance indicators to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the Quality Auditor in the implementation of the Supplier Management Program
- BS degree in science related field: engineering, food science, analytical chemistry or microbiology; Advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years of quality and food safety experience in a Fortune 500 food manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of management experience as the quality manager in a medium to large Food Manufacturing facility
- Extensive knowledge of HACCP and FSMA
- Experience managing GFSI certified Food Safety Management System
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) to all levels and functions of employees, partners and customers
- Ability to travel 50-70% required
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Summer hours, chair massages, social office gatherings, and other KIND and fun ways to reward and engage our team!
- Tuition reimbursement – because we’re committed to your development!
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
Keyword: Quality, Food Safety, Food Manufacturing,
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top