Operations Project Manager
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do:
The Operations Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing key Operations projects from concept development through commercialization within an assigned product category working collaboratively across all functions. This role will heavily interface with Procurement, Manufacturing, Planning, Customer Service, Distribution and Quality teams to ensure successful execution of projects to improve profitability, reduce costs, streamline operations and enhance customer service. This role will also work collaboratively with Marketing, Sales and New Product Development providing Operations inputs to support trade and innovation initiatives. Through coaching, training and exceptional leadership skills, the Operations Project Manager will be responsible for developing and applying project management tools and practices within Operations, driving standardization of processes, influencing others and transferring best practices.
This position will be reporting to the Vice President of Manufacturing for KIND, and is based at headquarters in NYC.
- Develops and manages project scope, timelines, costs and resource allocations to ensure that expected results are delivered on time and within budget
- Maintains, adjusts and updates project plans as needed
- Consolidates, communicates and ensures resolution of all operational issues
- Develops and collects performance metrics
- First point of contact in Operations to provide feasibility analysis to the Marketing, Sales and New Product Development teams on a variety of conceptual initiatives including the initial development of costs, capital estimates, implementation requirements, risk assessments, sourcing and manufacturing decisions. Provides a comprehensive Operations perspective
- Manages productivity targets and initiatives impacting the assigned portfolio. Leads identification, recommendation and coordination of cost savings projects from any aspect of Operations
- Leads and organizes cross-functional teams to ensure resolution of complex projects and operational issues
- Provides quantitative analysis and input to Operations decisions and strategy
- Serves as a liaison between Operations and Finance for the cost analysis of projects
- Projects will include customer-related launches, packaging changes, brand extensions, productivity and new line commissions
- Provides strong communication across functions as well as development and application of project management standards, tools, and systematic processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or Engineering with emphasis on Project Management experience is required
- 8+ years of experience in Food and/or CPG operations, supply chain environment required (Fortune 500 companies strongly preferred) with at least 4+ years of Project Management experience
- Proven proficiency of project management tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills working collaboratively across all levels of the organization; strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to drive positive results in a highly dynamic, quickly evolving multi-plant, fast growing organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through influencing
- Demonstrated ability to work well with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization and different pieces of a complex supply chain
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines
- Experience with managing multiple projects across functions: experience working with third party companies
- Strong Microsoft Project skills and related (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project and SharePoint)
- Project Management certification (CAPM, PMI, PMP) a plus
What KIND offers
Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
Flexible Paid Time Off
Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
Keyword: Operations, Project Manager
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top