New Product Development Coordinator
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
From the healthy snacks we make to the way we work, live and give back, we are committed to making the world a little kinder, because we believe that there’s more to business than just profit.
What you’ll do:
The New Product Development Coordinator will be involved in document management, sensory evaluations and analysis, ingredient development and optimizations and coordinating line trials with the manufacturing sites. The position reports to the New Product Development Director and will be located in our company headquarters in New York City.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating the new ingredient review process.
- Assist Food Scientist with coordination of pilot, line trial and scale up for new ingredients, optimizations, innovations and contract manufacturing startups.
- Manage shelf life studies, sensory evaluations and analysis.
- Manage new ingredient development and optimization.
- Packaging and nutritional reviews.
- Perform competitive research and store checks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Creation and Maintenance of finished product specifications.
- Creation and Maintenance of raw material specifications.
- Responsible for Ingredient and BOM Upload in ERP System
- Responsible for ensuring supplier documentation is in order – reviewing documentation
- Responsible for auditing recipes across batch sheets, Genesis nutritional software and bill of materials.
- Create and manage ingredient, formula, packaging and finished good specification numbers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lead with ingredient sourcing and ingredient development initiatives with suppliers, including trial coordination and R&D support.
- Manage Non-GMO Project ingredient and product approval, ensuring ingredient sub-components are following Non-GMO Project Standards.
Special Requirements (if any) / Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to build strong trusted working relationships and rapport at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Food Safety and microbiological requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe
Education and Experience
- Required Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related science
- Required 2-3 years of experience within R&D, Regulatory or Quality.
- Required experience in the food industry.
Keyword: New Product Development, innovation, Food Science
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top