HR Business Partner
Who are we?
Since its founding in 2004, KIND® has been on a mission to make the world a little kinder one snack and one act at a time. KIND was born out of its founder’s desire to create a snack that was healthy and tasty, wholesome and convenient. What began as a line of premium Fruit & Nut bars sparked the creation of an entirely new healthier snacking category. Today, KIND has a family of snacks that offer solutions for a variety of different occasions.
From the healthy snacks we make to the way we work, live and give back, we are committed to making the world a little kinder, because we believe that there’s more to business than just profit.
We're looking for passionate, conscious collaborators to help us meet our goals: to inspire kindness, with one tasty snack (and good act) at a time. If you’re looking to be a part of an inspiring, energetic and entrepreneurial environment, you found the right place
What you’ll do
KIND’s HR Business Partners are dedicated to select departments, collaborating with leadership and their teams to: build their organizations, ensure proactive workforce planning solutions and consistency in making people decisions. As an integral part of the department leadership team, you ensure talent strategies are linked to our business priorities, and support individual team member, departmental, and company-wide ambitions and culture. You will use data and themes from internal and external trends, to design solutions and making decision. As an HRBP, you will champion KIND’s culture and are accountable to ensure that team members in the organization receive prompt, accurate information and services from the HR department and the organization, ensuring consistent team member experience.
To find success in this role, you will…
- Partner with function leadership to define vision, workforce plan and strategies that drive culture and employee engagement
- Understand evolving business contexts stakeholder expectations and business requirements, to translate them into talent, culture and leadership actions
- Help guide & coach leaders in performance management, employee relations issues, training, strategic development, retention and successfully managing and leading their teams to high performance
- Navigate our organization to obtain all the required information to make reasoned recommendations, and be resilient and comfortable challenging the status quo
- Gather data and provide insights and proactive talent solutions to guide leadership team in their decision making
- Operate as a change agent, rolling out programs to the KIND team including training, compensation, performance and talent programs
- Manage investigation and resolution of Team Member issues
- Ensure adoption of all HR practices, along with recommendations for enhancements as required
- Support building team member capabilities for long-term organizational success
- Look for ways to innovate and advance HR practices to deliver business solutions
- Participate on cross-functional project teams, as well as be hands-on, working side by side with subject matter experts to develop HR programs that align with department and company goals.
- Use organizational effectiveness, change management and conflict resolution skills to lead delivery of HR programs and initiatives
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 3 years of HR Business Partner experience
- 7 years in HR Generalist or Talent Management experience
- Experience consulting with management at various organizational levels
- Very strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to effectively convey messages to different leaders
- Experience coaching leaders for performance
- A clear point of view about how to build business performance
- Strong project management, organizational and analytical skills to support data analysis and reporting
- Experience communicating and managing complex change
- Ability to effectively resolve complex problems
- Strong sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
- MBA, or Master’s Degree in Human Resources, I-O Psych, or Organizational Behavior
- Coaching certification (ICF or other)
- Strong business acumen
- Skill at influencing through strong relationships and expertise
- Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategy discussions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
What you’ll bring to KIND
- Expertise and vision, from a deep desire to stay current on trends and the future of workplaces
- Ownership mindset and consistent delivery on commitments
- Maturity in leadership and coaching on strategy, planning and deriving/acting on insights from data
- A partnership and relationship-based approach to working across our organization
- Passion for seeking the best solutions
- A willingness to challenge our "way of work" to maximize our resources and enhance our success
- Someone who understands how to see the human in front of them
- Accountable for your results and how those are achieved
- Insatiable with your drive to achieve
- Curious with a constant desire to learn and seek improvement
- A collaborator who doesn’t shy away from change
- A self-aware and inspirational leader
- A futurist and data geek, in touch with talent trends
- Genuine in your desire to help make the world a kinder place, committing to always spreading and celebrating kindness
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off. Choose what works best for you, including summer hours
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you & your family’s needs
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in office programs like Drs, Nutritionists, Yoga, Mindfulness, Chair Massages & others
- Casual office dress code – rep your KIND gear
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones.
- Training & tuition reimbursement, because continuing to learn matters and we support your development
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
- The opportunity and responsibility to be KIND everyday
KIND is committed to an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
Keyword: HR Business Partner, Employee Relations, Talent Management, Investigations
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top