Full Stack Developer
Who are we?
Since its founding in 2004, KIND has been on a mission to make the world a little kinder one snack and one act at a time. KIND was born out of its founder’s desire to create a snack that was healthy and tasty, wholesome and convenient. What began as a line of premium Fruit & Nut bars sparked the creation of an entirely new healthier snacking category. Today, KIND has a family of snacks that offer solutions for a variety of different occasions.
From the healthy snacks, we make to the way we work, live and give back, we are committed to making the world a little kinder, because we believe that there’s more to business than just profit.
We're looking for passionate, conscious collaborators to help us meet our goals: to inspire kindness, with one tasty snack (and good act) at a time. If you’re looking to be a part of an inspiring, energetic and entrepreneurial environment, you found the right place.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a seasoned full stack developer who derives great satisfaction from iterative improvements to the products they work on and processes used to build them. In this role, you’ll help design, build and enhance modern, sophisticated ecommerce capabilities that fuel our business. You’ll work closely with your teammates, contributing to the expansion of our growth. Depending on experience level, there is room for responsibilities further down the tech stack, as well as architectural decisions. You should enjoy finding creative solutions to technical challenges, and appreciate the balance between conviction and flexibility.
Software Development Lifecycle
- Maintains ownership of the website development of our company websites
- Work in collaboration with KIND developers and engineers to ensure proper implementation of website functionality
- Closely collaborating with product teams and designers as part of the development process
- Continuously looks for opportunities for website or process improvement
- Work as a member of a team, jumping in to help out to resolve issues and some routine tasks
- Significant PHP experience, including experience building object-oriented websites in PHP
- Familiarity with the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern, and previous experience developing web applications using this pattern or on existing MVC frameworks
- Proficient in writing SQL queries
- Creating and maintaining configurations for build systems (e.g. Grunt or Gulp)
- Knowledge of different web servers and reverse proxies (Apache, Nginx, Varnish)
- Experience with version control systems (GIT)
- Curious with a constant desire to learn and seek improvement
- A collaborator who doesn’t shy away from change
- Insatiable with your drive to achieve
- Genuine in your desire to help make the world a kinder place, committing to always spreading and celebrating kindness
- 3+ years of proven coding experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent understanding of development concepts and SDLC methodologies
- Experience with object oriented PHP and PHP frameworks
- Extensive experience developing and supporting production quality API; REST, SOAP and API service, HTTP Status Codes, Content Negotiation, API versioning, Caching
- Experience with testing; Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Integration Testing, Load Testing, Test Automation, Consumer Driven Contract
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, and/or SQL Server databases
- Ability to effectively collaborate and share ownership of team's codebase and applications
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off. Choose what works best for you, including summer hours
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you & your family’s needs
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in office programs like Drs, Nutritionists, Yoga, Mindfulness, Chair Massages & others
- Casual office dress code – feel free to wear your KIND gear
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Training & tuition reimbursement program, because continuing to learn matters and we support your development
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
- The opportunity and responsibility to be KIND everyday
At KIND, we are committed to an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. KIND is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
Keyword: PHP, Developer, Full Stack, GIT, MVC, SQL
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top