Foodservice Sales Manager - Mid Atlantic
Who are we
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do
Foodservice Sales Manager (FSSM) is accountable for planning and managing the execution of sales plans within the foodservice class of trade in an assigned region, in line with the department’s annual and long range business plans and sales and profitability goals. Foodservice Sales Managers source, select, develop and manage broker and distributor networks, manage relationships with key accounts, and develop and manage programs to generate and increase sales of KIND products.
Foodservice Sales Managers are challenged to maintain or grow market share in their assigned classes of trade (Foodservice, Vending, Coffee) in a highly competitive nutrition bar market, while balancing efforts to increase sales volume with the mission and core values of KIND Snacks, stated profitability goals and the needs of customers. This requires the ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm and motivation within broker networks, to effectively manage relationships with distributors and accounts to motivate them to keep KIND products prominent at retail, and to weigh opportunities and create tactical plans to develop sales in new markets and distribution channels.
- Source, evaluate, train, and manage a network of foodservice brokers in a way that creates a highly motivated, effective sales team to optimize placement and sales of KIND products with accounts.
- Negotiate, approve and manage broker contracts, including commission schedules and performance standards.
- Establish quarterly goals and objectives and assess performance, terminating contracts when performance is inadequate.
- Source, evaluate and select a network of foodservice distributors, assessing credit worthiness, warehousing and shipment capabilities, and overall business practices.
- Foster and manage relationships with distributors, participating in sales meetings and maintaining awareness of their programs and, where appropriate, working with distributors’ key account managers to increase their knowledge and awareness of KIND products.
- Develop and manage relationships with key foodservice accounts to assist them in creating consumer demand at the operator level.
- Work with operator personnel and the marketing department to design creative merchandising and promotional programs tailored to customers as appropriate to the class of trade, market demographics, and operator focus, and within allotted budget amounts.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director of Foodservice Sales, other sales managers and KIND Field sales & Marketing management to develop overall sales strategies for the class of business and region, annual business plans and operating budgets, as well as mutually supportive processes and systems.
- Develop annual sales forecasts and prepare monthly analyses and reports that monitor and analyze sales activity and market trends.
- Conduct quarterly and/or annual business reviews with key customers, evaluating performance versus plan for various products, the effectiveness of promotions and programs, and potential for further growth with various accounts.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for development of new business within the assigned region.
- Provide ongoing education to brokers, distributors and operators regarding the following: KIND product categories in general, KIND products in particular, KIND programs and promotions, & the KIND social mission
- Must be able to work independently and provide ongoing direction to broker partners.
- Position requires the initiative and ability to work with various individuals and groups inside and outside the company progressing towards a common goal.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- This position required extensive ground and air travel (60%)
- Extensive computer work is to be expected
- Travel to National Meetings, Divisional Meetings and various management meetings as needed.
- Will be home –office based.
- Must reside near a major Hub airport.
Keyword: Food Service Sales, Vending, Account Management, Foodservice Distributor Management, Foodservice Broker Management
Back to top