Field Sales Representative - New Jersey
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you'll do
The Field Sales Representative (FSR) represents KIND as 'the face of the brand' within the assigned territory, building relationships with a variety of retailers to solicit sales by encouraging:
- New item acceptance
- Prime shelf placement
- Secondary displays
- This specific New Jersey territory includes: Northern & Central NJ and Rockland County NY
- Assist the Regional Sales Manager & District Sales Manager in the execution of the sales plan, meeting both personal and regional sales goals
- Build relationships with all decision makers within assigned territory, including:
- Whole Foods: all team members including grocery team leaders, assistant team leaders, grocery specialists and marketing managers
- Natural accounts; independents: grocery/store buyers, employees
- Distributors: representatives, managers
- Brokers: representatives, representative managers
- During in-store calls:
- Identifies key store decision makers.
- Effectively communicates KIND’s point of differentiation and brand strategy. Describes product features to store employees and customers. Highlights any special pricing, new products, product revisions, etc.
- Observes displays of both company and competitor product on store shelves, reporting pricing, shelf space, and promotions changes
- Observes sku mix in store and prompts decision maker to adjust mix accordingly
- Observes inventory levels in stores and prompts decision maker to reorder when inventory levels appear low
- Completes call report at the end of each store visit
- Respond to customer requests quickly and professionally
- Participates in product resets
- Reports on growth, expansion, or closing of doors in assigned territory. Visits other retailers that are not customers to observe and report on competitive displays and pricing
- Coordinate demo and event support with Field Marketing Manager in markets with Field Marketing support where applicable
- May involve some weekend or evening schedule during special promotions and/or customer events
The FSR will be expected to take ownership of the territory and be willing to adapt a variety of roles to grow sales.
Key characteristics include:
- Adaptable: Multi-task efficiently and effectively prioritize business needs
- Personable: Comfortable talking to customers to establish rapport, build a network, and listen to understand customer needs
- Goal-oriented: Take initiative to establish account-specific plans, and achieve/exceed sales goals
- Fact-based: Ability to analyze syndicated data and deliver insights to support sales objectives in an account
- Team player: Partner with Field Marketing counterparts in achieving goals; share best practices and learn from Sales team members
- Innovative: Use creativity in managing the territory through innovative sales programs
- 1-3 years of Sales experience required (Relevant sales internship experience accepted)
- Natural industry and/or CPG industry experience with current relationships preferred
- College degree strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally to build retailer relationships, and in writing to accomplish follow-up
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Power Point
- Passion for health and/or natural foods industry preferred
- Physically capable of bending and lifting to set up displays, adjust shelves during resets, move product, etc. as necessary during account calls
- Good driving habits are required. Must provide proof of insurance, valid state motor vehicle driver’s license. Job involves heavy daily travel within assigned territory
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Tuition reimbursement - because we’re committed to your development!
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
Keyword: Field Sales Representative
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top