Field Marketing & Sales Area Lead - Montréal
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do
KIND Healthy Snacks is seeking outgoing, charismatic people to join our team of full time KIND Field Marketing & Sales Managers. The Field Marketing & Sales Area Lead will be responsible building relationships with a variety of retailers to solicit sales by encouraging new item acceptance, prime shelf placement, secondary displays and promotions while organizing and hosting in -store retail demos, executing brand centric events, overseeing grass roots sampling initiatives and leading a team of KIND Brand Ambassadors.
- Lead local KIND Brand Ambassadors, assuming the role of captain to the team
- Assist the Regional Sales Manager in the execution of the sales plan, meeting both personal and regional sales goals.
- Territory covers the Montreal, Quebec City and Ottawa regions
- Build sales relationships with all decision makers within assigned territory, including: Whole Foods, Natural accounts, Distributors and Brokers
- During in-store calls:
- Identifies key store decision makers.
- Effectively communicates KIND’s point of differentiation and brand strategy. Describes product features to store employees and customers. Highlights any special pricing, new products, product revisions, etc.
- Observes displays of both company and competitor product on store shelves, reporting pricing, shelf space, and promotions changes.
- Observes sku mix in store and prompts decision maker to adjust mix accordingly.
- Observes inventory levels in stores and prompts decision maker to reorder when inventory levels appear low.
- Market Knowledge: Reports on growth, expansion, or closing of doors in assigned territory. Visits other retailers that are not customers to observe and report on competitive displays and pricing.
- Organization and hosting of in-store demos (2-4 per week, mainly weekday nights and weekends, 2-3 hours per demo)
- Research, coordinate and host marketing events relevant to the brand and to the region, partnering with likeminded companies.
- Seed and develop relationships with market influencers, ultimately leading to increased brand visibility
- Strategic coordination and execution of sampling initiatives, reaching consumers where they live, work, play and shop
- Communication of success stories, key learning’s and other activities to Field Marketing Manager
- Do unexpected acts of kindness for others
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding and track record of success in both marketing and sales fundamentals.
- Existing network of relevant contacts within retail, as well as sports, culture and health and wellness communities
- Specific business acumen: creative and strategic thinker, strong team player but also possessing the ability to work independently, an entrepreneurial spirit, experience negotiating, problem solver, self-starter results-oriented, strong organizational skill set, ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Bilingual in French and English strongly preferred
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of Marketing & Sales experience or recent college graduate with internship experience, required.
- Natural industry and/or CPG industry experience with current relationships preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally to build retailer/partner relationships, and in writing to accomplish follow-up.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Power Point.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or min 3 years equivalent work experience,
- Passion for health and/or natural foods industry preferred.
- Physically capable of bending and lifting to set up displays, adjust shelves during resets, move product, activate at events etc.
- Position requires a licensed driver with a driving record acceptable to the company’s insurers.
- Ability to travel within the assigned region including overnight travel.
Keyword: Field marketing, marketing, sales, team leader, leader
Back to top