EVP of Operations
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the President and Chief Operating Officer, the EVP of Operations will have full responsibility for the Company’s supply chain and operations. He/She is expected to take KIND Healthy Snacks to “the next level”, creating the vision and charting the operational plan to support continued strong growth, both in the US and internationally. This executive must have the ability to envision and act to build the structure, technical capability, systems, strategy, partnerships and people to drive the Company along its growth path. Leading a team of 35 people, the EVP will have complete functional responsibility for the supply chain and operations of KIND Healthy Snacks, including supply chain strategy, sourcing/procurement, manufacturing, distribution/transportation/logistics, planning, forecasting, quality, engineering and customer service. Ultimately, he/she will be responsible for customer satisfaction from product formulation through delivery to market.
The EVP’s specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop the strategic vision to achieve best practice supply chain and operations performance. Clearly communicate that vision, translate it into practicable, tactical actions, and effectively deploy the supply chain and operations team against those activities.
- Build a high performing supply chain and operations organization; attract, develop, and retain the best talent possible within the function and throughout the organization.
- Build strong partnerships and establish credibility with the internal team, commanding respect based upon demonstrated leadership skills and functional excellence.
- Introduce greater visibility to results inclusive of KPIs and broader supply chain analytics to measure performance against commitments and actively use results to redirect resources as required.
- Build and manage strategic external partnerships with co-packers, suppliers and other strategic partners. Actively partner with key strategic suppliers to ensure two-way, collaborative relationships that deliver greater levels of innovation and operational competitive advantage than could be achieved independently. Create a balanced scorecard to regularly evaluate both parties’ achievements and commitment to the relationship.
- Partner in the innovation process, injecting supply chain analytics to improve product life cycle management and new product introduction.
- Actively participate as a key member of the leadership team to help drive the Company’s growth strategy. This includes critically assessing and enabling the potential acquisitions of complementary businesses, as well as targeted market entries internationally.
- Anticipate and implement necessary changes to supply chain strategy and process to support the Company’s expansion (inclusive of the M&A and International initiatives mentioned above) both geographically and through new products.
The EVP, Operations will demonstrate a highly successful track record in a large world-class company (preferably food related), ideally accompanied by success in a smaller, rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated track record of success in architecting a supply chain organization to support growth and performance improvement in a lean environment. Given the growth plans of the Company, experience in dealing with international markets, would be attractive. The EVP will inherit a team of dedicated functional experts and will be expected to continue to enhance and improve the capabilities on this team. Accordingly, this executive must be an excellent team-builder and mentor, focused on the recruitment, retention and development of superior supply chain and operations talent.
Functionally, this executive will bring:
- Demonstrated functional knowledge and experience in successfully running all aspects of the supply chain, including sourcing, product innovation, manufacturing, distribution/ transportation/logistics, customer service, planning, forecasting, quality and engineering.
- Experience in developing a strategic plan for the supply chain that aligns with the corporate strategies and the ability to clearly articulate such a vision.
- Proven experience in creating transparency using KPIs in a measurable way to achieve a specific strategic result. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills to develop, measure and improve operational, financial, quality and cycle time performance indicators.
- Successful track record in working with and through internal and external strategic partners to drive operational improvement and reduce both cycle time and cost.
- Familiarity with contemporary ERP systems and how to use the information generated to drive performance.
- Demonstrable success in attracting and developing superior operations talent.
- Experience in implementing and utilizing IT tools to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
Interpersonally, this individual will bring:
- Exceptional communications skills (verbal and written), combined with the natural ability to communicate effectively at all levels from the Board to hourly staff.
- Executive presence and acumen required to promote KIND’s mission, business and strategy, internally and externally.
- Highly effective relationship-building and influencing skills.
- Proven industry best practices with proof of “build” capability.
- Driven, hands-on and willing to roll-up sleeves as required in a lean, fast-paced and focused organization.
- Self-starter, willing to make prudent, risk-based decision and take ownership and accountability.
- High sense of energy, creativity and decisiveness.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character.
- An undergraduate degree is required, preferably in supply chain or a technical discipline.
- An MBA is strongly preferred.
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Summer hours, chair massages, social office gatherings, and other KIND and fun ways to reward and engage our team!
- Tuition reimbursement – because we’re committed to your development!
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
Back to top