Director of Planning
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do
The Director of Planning, is accountable for companywide forecasting, production and material planning, and distribution requirements planning. Oversee a team made up of Demand Planning, Production Planning, and Materials Management planners who are responsible for optimizing inventory flow across multiple locations and product groups. There is a strong focus on customer service goals, inventory targets, forecast accuracy, and prevention of obsolete inventory. As a strategic lever in the supply chain, the Director of Planning partners with senior leadership, adjacent key teams, and direct reports to align decision making and optimize execution.
- Key Accountabilities
- Accountable for the accuracy behind supply chain planning analytics which has a direct effect on other major functions of the Operations department
- Ensure that planning metrics are achieved: company case fill, forecast accuracy and bias, manufacturing schedule attainment and adherence, inventory days on hand, ratio of obsolescence to sales/inventory
- Lead strategic, long-range supply, demand, and capacity planning
- Collaborate with the Production Planning Manager and VP of Manufacturing to design the network production plan and run sequences for multiple manufacturing plants
- Chair the S&OP process through monthly meetings and ensure adherence while supporting the Demand Planning Manager in implementing new procedures and reporting
- Accountable for assessing and presenting risk to obsolescence across multiple product categories while supporting the Materials Manager in developing finished good and material planning strategies
- Responsible for the weekly demand plans and production schedules across all SKUs
- Identify and drive continuous enhancements in KIND’s ERP system, JD Edwards, as it relates to forecasting, MRP, and co-manufacturing planning modules
- Provide operational support for company and supply chain initiatives including, but not limited to: new product and category launches, production line startups, new distribution centers, product qualification priorities, supplier transitions, and product changes
- Align key stakeholders on new product forecasts and production plans. Ensure that launches are met.
- Develop departmental policies and procedures
- 10+ years progressive experience in a planning and leadership role at a Fortune 500 CPG company
- Demonstrated proficiency of tier 1 planning systems, preferably Demantra
- Demonstrated proficiency of tier 1 ERP systems specifically the MRP module, preferably in JD Edwards
- Experience leading a monthly S&OP process
- Demonstrated experience in implementing end to end system integration from supply base through customer / consumer
- Experience in managing a supply chain team
- Experience in preparing master schedules for large and diverse SKU mixes at multiple production locations
- Experience in managing inventory levels and safety stock
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- APICS Certification a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field, MBA a plus
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
Keyword: Operations, Planning, Director, Demand Planning, Production Planning, Materials Planning
Back to top