Digital Scrum Master
Who are we?
Since its founding in 2004, KIND has been on a mission to make the world a little kinder one snack and one act at a time. KIND was born out of its founder’s desire to create a snack that was healthy and tasty, wholesome and convenient. What began as a line of premium Fruit & Nut bars sparked the creation of an entirely new healthier snacking category. Today, KIND has a family of snacks that offer solutions for a variety of different occasions.
From the healthy snacks, we make to the way we work, live and give back, we are committed to making the world a little kinder, because we believe that there’s more to business than just profit.
We're looking for passionate, conscious collaborators to help us meet our goals: to inspire kindness, with one tasty snack (and good act) at a time. If you’re looking to be a part of an inspiring, energetic and entrepreneurial environment, you found the right place.
What you’ll do
The Scrum Master is responsible for supporting the cutting edge ecommerce websites that fuel our business. You will have the crucial responsibility to shepherd projects from interesting new ideas to reality. You will work with a ton of smart people on mission-critical projects, enhance your skills, and elevate your profile. You’ll work closely with your teammates, contributing to the expansion of our growth.
- Helping the Product Owner get the backlog in good shape for the upcoming sprints
- Facilitate the removal of impediments
- Protects the team from over-committing
- Protects the team from complacency
- Facilitate developer accountability for readiness of user stories
- Maintain team focus throughout sprints on priorities and business value
- Manage Scrum boards (physical and virtual)
- Build the team’s Agile knowledge and skills
- Coordinate with internal team members to ensure deliverables are understood and that milestones are met on time, with consistency and accuracy
- Establish clear objectives for implementation and respond with urgency to achieve goals within the project timelines
- Ensure project team, including management as appropriate, is continually updated on stakeholder’s programs, including successes, issues, concerns and feedback
Testing and Release Management
- Work with the QA team through deployment
- Leads the teams efforts towards continuous improvement
- Remove obstacles for developers and testers
What you’ll bring to KIND
- Experience working with Agile projects
- Knowledge of project management principles, methods and techniques
- Experience managing resources and project timing
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with JIRA
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Curious with a constant desire to learn and seek improvement
- A collaborator who doesn’t shy away from change
- Insatiable with your drive to achieve
- Genuine in your desire to help make the world a kinder place, committing to always spreading and celebrating kindness
- 2 years working as a scrum master
- 4 years of experience in working with software/applications teams
- Excellent understanding of development concepts and SDLC methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong writing and editing skills
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off. Choose what works best for you, including summer hours
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you & your family’s needs
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in office programs like Drs, Nutritionists, Yoga, Mindfulness, Chair Massages & others
- Casual office dress code – feel free to wear your KIND gear
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Training & tuition reimbursement program, because continuing to learn matters and we support your development
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
- The opportunity and responsibility to be KIND everyday
At KIND, we are committed to an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. KIND is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
Keyword: Scrum, Agile, IT, Project Management
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top