Demand Planning Manager
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do
The Demand Planning Manager will be responsible for generating demand forecasts across all product categories, which will then drive production and directly affect the service we provide our customers, the efficiency of our factory operations, and our risk to obsolete inventory. The position involves immediate, tactical projects as well as long-term planning and analyses.
- Lead S&OP Demand Management Meetings for the SVP of Sales and the President and COO in collaboration with Sales and Finance under the direction of the Planning Director and VP of Supply Chain
- Implement new processes and procedures that support the S&OP process from beginning to end and ensure adherence
- Lead and collaborate in Pre-S&OP consensus meetings with top account leads, internal sales forecasters, and other applicable stakeholders
- Oversee two Demand Planners through managing SKU and weekly sales forecasts for all major product categories
- Share ownership for company case fill service level performance
- Share ownership for forecast accuracy and bias improvements
- Develop high level mid and long-range demand plans
- Work cross-functionally to create new product launch forecasts
- Build run-out analyses for packaging changes, product updates, and discontinuation of SKUs
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives for the Demand Planning team
- Be a subject matter expert in demand management processes and systems
- Experience leading a monthly S&OP process (experience also establishing/implementing a process preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency of tier 1 ERP systems, preferably JD Edwards
- Demonstrated proficiency of tier 1 planning systems, preferably Demantra
- Experience with large and diverse SKU mixes and multiple production locations
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience managing a planning team
- 5-7 years of experience in a demand planning role at a Fortune 500 CPG company, demonstrating progressive departmental managerial responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field, MBA a plus
- APICS Certification a plus
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Summer hours, chair massages, social office gatherings, and other KIND and fun ways to reward and engage our team!
- Tuition reimbursement – because we’re committed to your development!
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
Keyword: Demand Planner, operations, supply chain, inventory, management
Back to top