Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do
The Demand Planner will be responsible for demand figures across all product categories, which will then drive production and directly affect the availability of inventory to KIND’s customers. Amongst KIND’s Supply Chain, there is a heavy focus on fill rate/service goals, inventory targets, and prevention of obsolete inventory. The Planner’s role will be to work with the Demand Planning Manager and the Sales organization to achieve high SKU level forecast accuracy. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, attention to detail, and experience with tier 1 ERP systems and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Create and maintain weekly and monthly SKU forecasts for all major product categories
- Execute changes based on accuracy analysis and other driving factors including history, trends, and promotions
- Gather, validate, interpret, and summarize data from multiple sources
- Merge business knowledge and expertise with statistical models in order to enhance the forecast while also integrating input from Sales, Marketing, and other key stakeholders
- Support the Demand Planning Manager with S&OP process execution and meeting preparation as well as in driving the team to a consensus forecast which will be used to propel critical downstream cross-functional business processes
- Share ownership in company case fill service level performance
- Work cross-functionally to create new product launch forecasts
- Support the development and implementation of new demand planning processes, models, and KPI performance reporting tools
- Participate in special projects, providing leadership as needed on cross-functional teams
- 3-5 years of experience planning within supply chain, Fortune 500 CPG company experience preferred
- Experience with forecasting methods and maintaining demand plans for large and diverse SKU mixes across multiple categories
- Demonstrated knowledge of tier 1 ERP systems, preferably JD Edwards
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and experience with large data sets
- Strong analytical, communication, and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field
- APICS Certification a plus
What KIND Offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Summer hours, chair massages, social office gatherings, and other KIND and fun ways to reward and engage our team!
- Tuition reimbursement – because we’re committed to your development!
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
Keyword: Demand Planner, operations, supply chain, inventory
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top