Continuous Improvement Manager
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do
The Continuous Improvement Manager works with Manufacturing, New Product Development, Procurement, Quality and Operations, coordinating continuous improvement (CI) and commercialization initiatives. This person will partner with each parallel function at our company manufacturing partners and third party providers to execute improvement initiatives. Through coaching, training and exceptional leadership, the Continuous Improvement Manager will be responsible for delivering continuous improvement, executing commercialization, influencing others, identifying opportunities, driving standardization and transferring best practices.
This position will be reporting to the Vice President of Manufacturing for KIND, and is based at headquarters in NYC.
- Establish, lead and maintain a data-driven continuous improvement effort within the company
- Liaise with New Product Development and Manufacturing to execute commercialization programs
- Own and drive lean initiatives including 6S, TQM, TPM and DOE
- Develop and institutionalize process flow diagrams leading to the identification of unit operations improvements
- As the company’s subject matter expert, be a vigorous proponent of CPI
- Assist the plants with the development and reporting of KIND compliant KPIs
- Facilitate lean Six Sigma efforts within the entire supply chain, third party providers and at corporate HQ
- Ensure the development, maintenance, applicability and reporting of a robust list of initiatives
- Assess industry best practices and apply as appropriate within the supply chain
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, food science or operations management required: process or mechanical engineering preferred
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience leading and facilitating continuous improvement and/or commercialization initiatives: experience in Food and/or CPG manufacturing environment required (Fortune 500 company strongly preferred)
- Proven proficiency in lean problem solving, root cause and DOE, processes and concepts
- Green belt or higher certification preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive positive results in a highly dynamic, quickly evolving multi-plant, fast growing organization
- Some manufacturing startup experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through influencing
- Demonstrated ability to work well with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization and different pieces of a complex supply chain
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Skilled in organization, prioritization and attention to detail
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines
- Experience in computer databases, analytical software and Microsoft Office applications essential
- Ability to travel extensively required
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Summer hours, chair massages, social office gatherings, and other KIND and fun ways to reward and engage our team!
- Tuition reimbursement – because we’re committed to your development!
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
Keyword: Continuous Improvement, Manager, Operations, Manufacturing
Back to top