Brand and Trade Marketing Manager
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do
- Support Marketing Director in development of KIND Brand and Portfolio strategy and tactics
- Become well versed in consumer / category dynamics and healthy snack landscape, developing actionable insights to position the brand for growth
- Help inform long-term brand strategy including brand objectives, positioning, consumer targeting, marketing plans
- Actively participate in the development of the Strategic and Annual Brand and Trade Plans
Brand Equity Development
- Continually search for new, industry-specific opportunities within creative and lifestyle aspects to ensure relevant and strategic positioning of KIND brand
- Review and direct design of KIND marketing materials to ensure quality and design standards
- Work closely with the National Field marketing Manager to develop and maintain a best-in-class toolkit and resources for KIND’s Field Marketing team
- Lead packaging design work, working with external agency partners
Support the overall administration and execution of the identified strategies and tactics of the annual brand plan
- Serve as the liaison/key point of contact for communication aligning Brand and Sales efforts.
- Improve communication and aid in balancing the priorities and challenges of each function.
- Lead execution of trade elements of new product launches and marketing initiatives.
- Lead the creation of the Sales Fundamentals (new item distribution, pricing, assortment, etc.) strategies, objectives and gold standards for execution
- Track and recommend improvements for the KIND portfolio across all elements of the marketing mix/sales fundamentals
- Support creation of sales support materials, including Gold Standard slides, sell sheet updates and key major account presentations.
- Ensure understanding and communication of relevant customer impacting product / process changes to the sales team
Build relationships with HQ/International team members to ensure awareness initiatives and best practices that impact or can be applied to the Canadian business
- Ideally 4+ years with a minimum of 1-2 years CPG or lifestyle brand marketing: experience working with a Field Marketing team is a plus
- Ideally 4+ years with a minimum of 1-2 years consumer goods trade marketing or key account sales experience. Retail sales experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. A business focused degree is a plus
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills with ability to influence and build strong working relationships at all levels
- Strong organization skills with a commitment to excellence, high quality standards and attention to detail
- Confident, driven, self-starter with ability to work autonomously
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain an entrepreneurial spirit while applying critical and strategic rigor
- Demonstration of creativity and collaboration to further the KIND personality and relevance
- Strong project management skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Power Point Skills
- Ability to work in our Toronto office
- Travel expected – 5-10%
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Summer hours, chair massages, social office gatherings, and other KIND and fun ways to reward and engage our team!
- Tuition reimbursement – because we’re committed to your development!
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
Keyword: Marketing, International, Strategic Programming, Communication
Back to top