Associate General Counsel, IP and Litigation
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
What you’ll do
KIND is seeking a passionate, business minded lawyer to join its legal team to manage its intellectual property and litigation matters globally. This position will report to the Senior Vice President, General Counsel and support internal clients at various levels in the organization.
- Develop and execute the company’s global IP strategy and develop compliance materials, policies, and training to protect company intellectual property
- Oversee the company’s portfolio of trademarks, copyrights and domain names across multiple jurisdictions
- Build and manage infrastructure to conduct trademark related activities in-house, including trademark prosecution, running and analyzing trademark watch reports, drafting cease and desist letters, filing trademark oppositions and engaging with third parties to resolve trademark disputes
- Manage the company’s outside IP counsel and related budget
- Oversee all company litigation and disputes, including those relating to intellectual property, commercial matters and false advertising
- Monitor and report on food law issues and developments
- Act as the company’s e-discovery expert working closely with IT and third party vendors
- Oversee and ensure compliance with company’s document retention program
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts
- Manage insurance procurement for the company
- Identify and execute process improvement initiatives relating to the above
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience
- Prior experience as an IP lawyer or litigator at a law firm
- Prior in-house experience with a consumer packaged goods company, particularly in food, is a plus!
- J.D. Degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Member of a bar in good standing
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to influence and persuade both internal and external parties
- Deep knowledge of the IP and litigation environment impacting the consumer packaged goods business
- Possess strong work ethic, a willingness to “get hands dirty” and to take personal ownership over work product
- Enthusiasm for working in an entrepreneurial, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Creative and business savvy with customer-service oriented approach
- Cooperative style, team player with excellent independent judgment
What KIND offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity in KIND!
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Monthly shipment of your favorite KIND bars to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Summer hours, chair massages, social office gatherings, and other KIND and fun ways to reward and engage our team!
- Tuition reimbursement – because we’re committed to your development!
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND work environment
Keyword: Attorney, Associate General Counsel, Lawyer
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top