Accounts Receivable Specialist
Who are we?
KIND is changing the way the world thinks about snacking. No longer do you have to choose between healthy AND tasty, wholesome AND convenient. At KIND, we know you can have both. In the office we also apply the AND philosophy. We seek to think boundlessly, work purposefully AND live passionately.
We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We strive to operate with the highest integrity. Our company values are to be Hungry AND Kind.
From the healthy snacks we make to the way we work, live and give back, we are committed to making the world a little kinder, because we believe that there’s more to business than just profit.
What you’ll do:
As part of the accounts receivable team at KIND, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will share in the responsibility for the cash application and the Non-Trade deduction processes.
Ideal candidate is someone who can learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced environment. The successful individual will need to bring their experience and be able to think proactively to come up with opportunities to increase efficiencies while improving the current process. He/she must be able to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables. The candidate must be able to work well independently as well as a team member.
Cash Application Responsibilities
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of cash receipts and postings to customer accounts for payments that are made by wire, ACH, credit cards and checks.
- Manage the automatic credit card application process.
- Investigate and reconcile the customer AR accounts related to unapplied cash and open items.
- Maintain strong relationships and open communication with the internal AR collection team.
Non-Trade Deductions Responsibilities
- Assist in the resolution of all AR non-trade deductions while working in conjunction with the accounts receivable team, operations, trade, outside logistics partners, sales, brokers and customers to validate and resolve outstanding deductions.
- Assist in providing monthly reporting to finance and operations management to identify deduction trends and track results for assigned customer base. Help in identifying solutions to prevent deductions from continuing. Establish partnerships with operations and sales teams as well as customers to achieve this goal.
- Issue credit memos in JDE specific to customer returns and other valid customer claims
- Work in coordination with the cash collections teams to create chargebacks within JDE ensuring obligation is repaid.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum 3 years accounts receivable experience. Prior experience working with deduction policies and procedures while collecting invalid deductions is highly preferred
- Consumer packaged goods experience strongly preferred
- Strong PC skills in particular in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ability to take prompt action to accomplish objectives
- Ability to manage time, multiple priorities and handle a high volume of work
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to modify behavior to manage situations and individuals involved
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle high volume of work efficiently
- Capable of sound decision making
Keyword: Finance, Accounting, CPG
See Inside the Office of KIND Healthy Snacks
The first KIND bar was introduced in 2004, creating a new healthy snacking category and launching one of the fastest-growing snack companies in the United States. KIND now makes more than 60 snacks "with ingredients you can see & pronounce®". While its offerings have developed over time, its mission has remained the same—make the world a little kinder, one snack and one act at a time.
Back to top