Strategic Partnerships Executive
At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation's leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we're committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you're in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
- We're in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- We're at offices with KinderCare Education at Work, our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And we're at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
KinderCare Education is hiring a creative and visionary Strategic Partnerships Executive to identify new revenue opportunities for KCE's long-term growth, and drive impactful, new business ventures and partnerships. In this role, you will be responsible for business development activities which include: identifying partnership targets; negotiating deals; overseeing implementations and optimizing partnerships after launch. The ideal candidate for this role will be a strategic and creative thinker with significant experience in framing and defining long-term opportunities, and driving complex initiatives involving multiple stakeholders. You excel at working cross-functionally across Product, Marketing, Legal, Operations, and Executive teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic direction and creative thinking to build, lead and grow long-term strategic partnerships
- Develop and implement strategic plan to build KCE partnerships
- Hunt for innovative partners and structure new working relationships that create new sources value for our customers
- Propose, analyze and vet new innovative business initiatives and partnership opportunities
- Act as deal team leader on identified opportunities and manage all aspects of the deal flow including: sourcing, ideation, qualification, negotiation, closing
- Collaborate to improve the performance of key partnerships through new initiatives and/or re-negotiation
- Coordinate effectively with key stakeholders across external and internal teams to deliver results
- Partner with product teams to deliver required set of features to attract and maintain high quality partnerships
- Evaluate and address all inbound business development inquiries
- 10+ years of work experience in Partnership/Business Development and Strategic Planning or similar experience
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Marketing or related field strongly preferred
- Proven ability to creatively define long-term strategic initiatives and relationships involving multiple stakeholders
- Highly creative, entrepreneurial, out-of-the-box thinker who is not afraid to push forward new ideas
- Strong financial acumen: nimble with P&L and financial modeling across a wide variety of scenarios
- Experience developing partnerships with a history of successfully delivering against performance targets
- Demonstrated ability to run operationally efficient business development processes
- Proven track record of creatively designing and executing partnerships, including successfully negotiating and closing partnership deals
- Strong prospecting/hunting skills, balanced with a consultative approach to understanding client needs
- Familiarity with technical elements of typical online partnerships
- Previous experience managing and developing talent
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to deal effective with C-level executives
- Self-starter, can-do attitude and proven ability to evolve in highly ambiguous environments
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Meet Some of KinderCare Education's Employees
Julian handles strategic sourcing and supply chain management within KinderCare’s Procurement Department. In collaboration with a national distribution partner, Julian sources and contracts food and beverage purchases for KinderCare centers.
Back to top