At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation's leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we're committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you're in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
- We're in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- We're at offices with KinderCare Education at Work, our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And we're at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
As a SharePoint Administrator at KinderCare Education, you will serve as the lead on developing and maintaining solutions that support our Online/Office 365 environment. You will participate in key projects to build out the SharePoint Online environment for various departments including site collection and site/sub-site creation, basic site design, content & media editing, and managing permissions and security across the tenant. In addition, you will serve as the key liaison across business units to facilitate the SharePoint governance and steering committees, gather business requirements, and conduct training sessions for key users whom require it.
You excel in fast-paced environments, are a problem-solver, consistently meet deadlines and are self-motivated; yet have an affinity for collaboration and desire to work closely with internal customers and team members. In addition, you should take great pride in your work and understand the importance of automation, change control, and compliance.
Job responsibilities include:
- Facilitate the on-going governance and steering committee processes to ensure proper oversite and usage of the SharePoint Online environment
- Develop a SharePoint roadmap and manage SharePoint development backlog based consistent with the governance process
- Work with key stakeholders and constituents across business and partners to develop and maintain enterprise content management sites including KinderCare Chalkboard
- Work with key stakeholders and constituents to develop and maintain SharePoint groups
- Build understanding of communications and collaboration technologies within the organization through the creation of self-service options
- Develop functional specifications for new and/or enhanced site capabilities and, where needed, implement those specifications within SharePoint & Office 365
- Manage the end-to-end SharePoint Online / Office 365 tenant environment including site collection management, site creation and maintenance, permissions, security and search.
- Provide support and training, as necessary, to users and site administrators to drive adoption and ensure proper site design and content experience techniques are used
- Understand the boundaries between SharePoint Online and the other key components of Office 365 (such as OneDrive); ensure smooth operations across the tenant.
- Leverage Office 365 reporting tools to drive understanding of usage and improvement opportunities across the SharePoint Online tenant sites and sub-sites.
- Keep apprised of Microsoft's SharePoint roadmap
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Web Development, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience with SharePoint; 2-3 years' experience with SharePoint online
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge and understanding of software development process, languages and tools to integrate communication, collaboration, and content management technologies
- Expertise in SharePoint Online/office 365 taxonomy, metadata, content management, collaboration, custom web parts, reports, search, InfoPath, Master Pages, content types
- Strong understanding of SharePoint Online permissions and security; ability to ensure proper content access and availability while maintaining defined security groups and visibility rules
- Experience with SharePoint out-of-the-box features including but not limited to content management, social computing, search, identity management, business intelligence, and branding
- Experience building and managing large document libraries
- Experience with SharePoint Designer
- Experience with integrating with Microsoft cloud ecosystem including SharePoint Object Model, Office 365, Yammer, MS Teams, MS Power Apps, MS Flow, InfoPath, Visio and MS Planner, Visual Studio, and Powershell
- Knowledge and experience implementing 3 rd Party tools, e.g. Nintex, Sharegate and AvePoint
- Demonstrated ability to implement standards and governance mechanisms to drive consistency across SharePoint Online implementations.
- Demonstrated communication and project leadership skills
- Strong team player with demonstrated strong communication skills that enable you to effectively communication across all levels of management
- Organizational agility; managing multiple key stakeholders
- Fosters teamwork and works well in a collaborative team environment
- Strong work ethic, complemented by positive, can-do attitude—must be self-motivated and prepared to work in "start-up" environment
- Strong project planning and management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Possesses strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Possesses knowledge of information security best practices
- Demonstrates ability to work and conduct research independently
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Meet Some of KinderCare Education's Employees
Julian handles strategic sourcing and supply chain management within KinderCare’s Procurement Department. In collaboration with a national distribution partner, Julian sources and contracts food and beverage purchases for KinderCare centers.
Back to top