Senior Network Engineer
At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation's leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we're committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you're in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
- We're in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- We're at offices with KinderCare Education at Work, our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And we're at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
KinderCare is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to manage and maintain all network equipment in our datacenter and HQ office location. The network consists of primarily Cisco devices, along with implementations of other network gear. The position will also serve as lead for network projects such as SDWAN implementation and Wireless network upgrades. As KinderCare moves workloads to the cloud, the Senior Network Engineer role will have responsibilities relating to VPC security, Route53 configuration, and cloud related monitoring. The Senior Network Engineer will be a Technical leader across disciplines, providing rapid resolutions and engaging to provide engineering expertise for continuous improvement within a dynamic, team environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide overall enterprise level LAN, WLAN, and WAN IP-based infrastructure systems planning, operations and maintenance, and management.
- Act as lead engineer for field SDWAN implementation and secure wireless improvement projects.
- Manage infrastructures for operational networks of multiple security classification levels.
- Serve as a technical point of contact for all matters related to network infrastructure efforts.
- Perform analysis on networks to discover and document the baseline.
- Support planning and execution of network installations and hardware upgrades.
- Perform engineering trouble shooting/problem solving at the system and component levels.
- Conduct LAN, WAN, and WLAN preventive and corrective maintenance and troubleshooting/problem resolution.
- Perform enterprise traffic analysis (e.g., link utilization, flows, latency, and other relevant metrics) to detect/determine network inefficiencies and make recommendations to relieve network congestion/optimize the networks.
- Monitor performance to identify and optimize the system infrastructure and conduct transaction monitoring for bandwidth utilization and application performance.
- Address monitoring gaps and increase transparency.
- Provide advanced technical analyses of network infrastructure challenges and problems; develop/identify technical solutions responsive to business needs.
- Provide support for load balancer infrastructure (Citrix Netscaler, Cisco ACE)
- Support an improved infrastructure information security vulnerability posture through the performance of vulnerability assessments and analyses.
- Plan and coordinate maintenance activities with offshore team.
- Ensure PCI network segmentation to meet auditing requirements
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 10+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of Cisco router and switch networking experience
- ASA Firewalls, ACE, Citrix Netscaler
- Expertise in infrastructure design and architecture, deployment, operations and maintenance, and upgrades.
- Solid working knowledge in the planning, design, integration, optimization, operations, security, and support of enterprise network infrastructures.
- Experience managing infrastructure of mid-size operational networks in a high-paced fluid environment.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills at the system engineer level.
- LAN (Ethernet, HSRP, EIGRP, BGP, etc.) and WAN (ISDN, ATM, etc.) troubleshooting/problem determination skills.
- Working knowledge of: Network analysis tools (CISCO Works, CISCO Network Analysis Modules, etc.), CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security Appliance, etc.) and IP services (IP, Multicast, QOS, SNMP, etc.).
- Ability to envision, develop, coordinate, prioritize, lead, and motivate individual and team efforts to produce required and timely customer solutions.
- Solid overall communications skills.
- Passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
- AWS Cloud experience is a plus. Direct Connect, Cloud Trail, Route53, VPC Security.
- Current working knowledge of Linux/Unix based OS.
- Knowledge of PCI standards and implementation design is a plus.
- Current industry certification
- Active CCNA certification is required.
- CCNP certification desired.
- Active CCNA certification is required.
Meet Some of KinderCare Education's Employees
Julian handles strategic sourcing and supply chain management within KinderCare’s Procurement Department. In collaboration with a national distribution partner, Julian sources and contracts food and beverage purchases for KinderCare centers.
Back to top