Senior DevOps Systems Engineer
At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation's leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we're committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you're in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare is pursuing a Cloud-first strategy and is seeking a Senior Engineer to focus on web and digital infrastructure efforts. This engineer will drive the design and implementation of digital technology solutions. We would like candidates to have a strong background with corporate public web facing environments and associated applications in an Agile environment. Experience with DevOps centric tools such as Chef and Terraform, and experience with the AWS Cloud is ideal. In parallel with initiating new projects, this engineer will also lead the standardization and consolidation of current web platforms and related services and offerings to maintain stability allowing the team to focus on the future.
KinderCare has a strong desire to build processes and automation to drive efficiency and reliability across our environments. We are on the journey of selecting the best platforms and applications. The optimal candidate will be able to leverage deep experience with digital technology and web infrastructure platforms, but also bring a track record of continual learning and examples of adopting new technologies to meet business needs. In addition to great technical skills and experience we value an open communicator who enjoys working in a dynamic, team environment. Members of this team have the desire and skills to contribute in other areas across the IT environment to support business demands.
- Act as technical leader for digital infrastructure and operations, continually striving to align business requirements with technology roadmaps
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and development of the relevant systems
- Identify opportunities for automation and consistency and drive solutions via automation and configuration management
- Planning, design and implementation of new technology solutions to support the new digital platform environment
- Provide capacity planning strategies to ensure system scalability and functionality.
- Migrate disparate digital environments to standard platform and create cloud migration strategies tailored by application and business need
- Manage web and application servers primarily running Microsoft IIS
- Collaborate with development teams on IIS/Web Server standards and best practices
- Assist with the planning and deployment of related security measures
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, costs, time, and work effort needed to design and implement a new digital platform infrastructure environment
- Clearly document technology plans and implementation to facilitate the efficient support of the environment
- 7+ years of experience in an Enterprise Infrastructure role
- 7+ years of experience supporting web platforms
- Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code tools such as Chef and Terraform
- In depth knowledge of web server configurations (Primarily IIS)
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, Route53, Lambda, CloudTrail, RDS.
- Familiarity with CMS platforms, including Sitecore, Adobe CQ or similar
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems problems quickly with little technical guidance
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with business, supplier and technology stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to implement business-driven solutions in a complex environment
- Passion for technology and providing superior service
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to continual learning
- Experience managing external vendor relationships
- Business systems and web architectures
- We're in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- We're at offices with KinderCare Education at Work, our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And we're at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
Back to top