Product Manager - Digital
At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation's leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we're committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you're in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
- We're in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- We're at offices with KinderCare Education at Work, our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And we're at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
The Digital Product Manager will be a leader in the development of new digital tools and capabilities to enhance the experience of digital platforms. This position will own product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with Development and Support to meet business and customer satisfaction goals. The Product Manager will ensure the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals. As a member of the IT team this position will work across groups including Business Analysts, Developers, Marketing and External Customers.
- Product lifecycle management from concept to phasing out of the product(s) across all products/product lines.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Lead development efforts by describing vision and prioritizing work in the backlog based on the scope set by the business
- Act as a product evangelist building awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Measure and analyze product metrics, customer needs, and business opportunities to guide the product feature creation and optimize user experience
- 3+ years' product development experience
- Previously worked on user experience, especially for digital product
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Direct experience in product management and development experience of designing, developing, and deploying web-based products
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and product management best practices
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrixed organization
Back to top