Life Guard/Swim Instructor
KinderCare Education is the nation's leader in early childhood education. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to create a future full of lifelong learners. From our National Support Center, to the classrooms where learning comes to life, we're united by a passion to create a world of learning, joy and adventure for more than 161,000 children ages six-weeks through 12 years every day.
Interested in making a splash working with young lives? Join KinderCare Education as a Lifeguard or Swim Instructor! As a Lifeguard or Swim Instructor, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety of the children we serve, providing supervision and maintaining the pool area.
When you join our team as a Lifeguard you will:
· Supervise children closely by keeping all children in sight and using Child Supervision Records properly
· Perform routine chemical testing on the pool on a daily basis
· May work in the classroom during inclement weather and hours when the pool is closed; implement KCE's curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child; create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn
· Support your center's success by partnering with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and engagement
Required Skills and Experience:
· Current Red Cross certification
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Life Guards may occasionally function as an Assistant Teacher during pool closures. Assistant Teachers generally play a support role in the classroom, but may be alone in the classroom for short periods if state guidelines allow
· Must meet state's education criteria
· Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors or outdoors. Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
· Ability to speak, read, and write English.
The benefits our career professionals enjoy:
In addition to a rewarding career where you help shape children's futures, KinderCare Education provides a competitive compensation package. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Discounted child care
- Generous paid time off
- Education assistance and reimbursement
- Medical expense reimbursement/ Life insurance/Disability benefits/ Health and wellness programs
- 401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Meet Some of KinderCare Education's Employees
Julian handles strategic sourcing and supply chain management within KinderCare’s Procurement Department. In collaboration with a national distribution partner, Julian sources and contracts food and beverage purchases for KinderCare centers.
Back to top