Food Program Processor I
At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation's leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we're committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you're in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
- We're in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- We're at offices with KinderCare Education at Work, our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And we're at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
Collect and maintain all Child and Adult Care Food Program documentation from center locations. Review, audit and analyze documentation for accuracy and completeness. Use data to compile billing reports for monthly Child and Adult Care Food Program reimbursements. Provide support and communication assistance to centers via telephone and email.
- Open mail and maintain electronic mail receipt log for all Food Program documentation.
- Notify center staff of missing items via telephone and e-mail.
- Audit/review all documentation for attendance, meals, family income information, and meal preparation as required by applicable state and federal laws and regulations associated with the Child and Adult Care Food Program and according to Knowledge Learning Corporation policies and procedures.
- Enter all findings in appropriate spreadsheets and forms, both paper and electronic.
- Compile claim spreadsheet and projection spreadsheet to calculate projected reimbursement.
- Submit claim to appropriate state agency timely and accurately, according to state guidelines.
- Receive reimbursement payment and allocate funds appropriately.
- Maintain monthly files by center, including all required documentation, in a neat, organized manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and company records and information.
- Attend state-sponsored training as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Work within the framework of Knowledge Learning Corporation corporate policies and CACFP department procedures.
- Work cooperatively with Knowledge Learning Corporation staff members and state agency representatives maintaining a customer service focus.
- Demonstrate professional and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and calculation of percentages.
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required.
- Clerical, office and/or bookkeeping experience preferred.
- 10-Key proficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong PC skills/knowledge covering general office software, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and email required.
- Strong organization skills required.
- Strong customer service skills required.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Meet Some of KinderCare Education's Employees
Julian handles strategic sourcing and supply chain management within KinderCare’s Procurement Department. In collaboration with a national distribution partner, Julian sources and contracts food and beverage purchases for KinderCare centers.
Back to top