Facilities Maintenance Technician
- Seattle, WA
About KinderCare Education ®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award - one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
- In neighborhoods with our KinderCare ® Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and child care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work through KinderCare Education at Work™, family benefits for employers including on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care
- In local schools with our Champions ® before and after-school programs.
The KinderCare Facilities Management Department manages the repair, safety and licensing concerns, ongoing maintenance, and preventive maintenance needs of our KinderCare, KinderCare at Work, and Champions Centers nationwide. The primary purpose of the department is to provide a consistent level of service, and communication to our centers and the families we provide service to.
KinderCare Facilities Maintenance Technicians help ensure that our Centers are a safe, inviting place for children to grow and learn. Under general supervision, KinderCare Facilities Technician provides overall facilities maintenance support for multiple child care facilities. KCE does supply a company vehicle and equipment for the purpose of completing assigned tasks.
In addition to a rewarding career, KinderCare Education provides a competitive compensation package which include: medical, dental, and vision coverage; discounted childcare; generous paid time off; a flexible schedule; a 401(k) savings plan and more.
- Provide and maintain a safe and comfortable environment for the children in our care.
- Performs preventive maintenance and general repairs and improvements to building interior and exterior spaces and facility operating systems (e.g., Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC); electrical; plumbing; other mechanical; and lighting).
- General carpentry and repair of facility structures as well as minor plumbing work
- Technicians are responsible for engaging and monitoring local vendors for the purpose of completing repairs that require additional support.
- Technicians may be called upon to assist in inspections of renovations and new construction, as well as assisting management in identifying potential capital replacement projects.
- Utilize an iPad and iPhone to order materials, update and/or create work orders and provide status updates through Facilities Management software and systems, submitting time records, and creating schedules.
- Perform safety and security inspections of playgrounds and property.
- Monitor performance of support vendors (Landscaping, snow removal, pest control, repair vendors, etc.)
- Other related duties as assigned
- At least one year of on-the-job experience in multi-unit maintenance preferred.
- Ability to effectively use iPhone, iPad, and laptop computer (as needed).
- Knowledge of and ability to use tools of office automation, including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and work order management software.
- Trade/vocational training.
- Time management skills.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of building structures and systems including those used in performing rough and finished carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, and painting work.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunctions and a working knowledge of basic machinery preventive maintenance and repair.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply facility maintenance manuals and technical bulletins, construction drawings, plans and specifications.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with team and center staff.
- Strong professional communication skills.
- Self- motivated and able to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Qualified to operate a company vehicle based on a motor vehicle record check and company policy.
*KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Back to top