Facilities Maintenance Tech II
At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation's leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we're committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you're in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
- We're in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- We're at offices with KinderCare Education at Work, our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And we're at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
Technicians are responsible for the following: ongoing maintenance at assigned centers; reacting to emergency situations as they arise; completing preventive maintenance as directed by immediate supervisor, and ensuring that centers are maintained in a safe, inviting condition. Technicians are also responsible for engaging local vendors for the purpose of completing repairs they cannot do. Technicians may be called upon to assist in inspections of renovations and new construction. As a partner to the Centers, Technicians will also have frequent conversations and communications with Center staff and Center leadership.
- Initiate and oversee routine and preventative Center maintenance
- Physically complete repairs as needed in the centers assigned to them
- Operate a laptop computer and smartphone for the purposes of collecting work orders, producing schedules and submitting time records, and managing expenses
- Communicate and interact with Center staff and leadership teams on an ongoing basis
- Comfortable with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Operates a company vehicle for the purpose of completing assigned tasks
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the children in our care
- Monitor performance of outside vendors
- Other related duties as assigned
- One year or more of on the job experience in maintenance with experience in a multi-unit environment preferred
- Knowledge of child care helpful but not critical
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Strong professional communication skills
- Self- motivated and able to work alone with minimal supervision
- Qualify to operate a company vehicle based on a motor vehicle record check and company policy
- High school diploma required
- Trade/vocational training
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Meet Some of KinderCare Education's Employees
Julian handles strategic sourcing and supply chain management within KinderCare’s Procurement Department. In collaboration with a national distribution partner, Julian sources and contracts food and beverage purchases for KinderCare centers.
Back to top