Customer Care Representative
At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation's leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we're committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you're in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
- We're in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- We're at offices with KinderCare Education at Work, our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And we're at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
The Family Support Specialist is primarily responsible for providing our families and field partners with resolution while creating an exceptional experience. Our Family Support Team helps our families and field partners via the phone, chat and email regarding parents whose children are enrolled in our KinderCare, KinderCare at Work and Champion centers and sites. We also support local businesses by helping their employees find Backup Care when an emergency may arise with their current care provider. The Family Support Specialist is the main point of contact for parents and works with other departments to ensure that family issues, concerns and questions are resolved to the family's satisfaction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide outstanding customer service to our families; connect with each family, understand the family's core concern, and resolve their issue(s)
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Go the extra mile to engage our families and personalize conversations verbally and in writing
- Handle family concerns, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives and follow up to ensure resolution
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Provide service through chat, email, social media and telephone to parents of children using our programs and services
- Attempt to resolve family's concerns during the first interaction.
- Thoroughly log and document all calls, emails and chats in our internal ticketing system
- Follow concerns through to resolution; partner with other teams (both NSC and the field) as needed to resolve concerns
- Share feedback with leadership on what you hear from families
- Share innovative thoughts, ideas and solutions to improve current procedures and improve our family experience.
- Work as part of a team by collaborating with colleagues and allowing for an open dialogue to best resolve a parents question or concern.
- Great customer service skills and the want to help others
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills via email and chat
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and the public.
- Intermediate PC / MS Office skills, ability to work with multiple applications and windows simultaneously on computer
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment and multi-task to meet time constraints
- Strong team player
- Capable of adjusting priorities quickly
- Occasional flexibility with schedules, occasional overtime
- 2-3 years of customer service support provided via phone and email
- High School graduate or equivalent, 2 or 4 year college degree a plus
- Bilingual: English & Spanish a plus
Meet Some of KinderCare Education's Employees
Julian handles strategic sourcing and supply chain management within KinderCare’s Procurement Department. In collaboration with a national distribution partner, Julian sources and contracts food and beverage purchases for KinderCare centers.
Back to top