Communications and Change Specialist
About KinderCare Education ®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award - one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
- In neighborhoods with our KinderCare ® Learning Centers and Rainbow Child Care Centers that offer early childhood education and child care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work through @ Work™, family benefits for employers including on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care
- In local schools with our Champions ® before and after-school programs.
The Change Management and Communications Specialist will support in efforts to prepare KinderCare for medium and large-scale technology transitions through deliberate and thoughtful change strategies. Within your role, you will collaborate cross-functionally to develop/maintain plans that emphasize organizational readiness and coordinated execution, leading to successful realization of business outcomes. In addition, this position will work in coordination with the IT PMO to maintain consistent practices that includes an integrated set of tools and processes.
· Lead development and implementation of change communications strategy and plans, with a focus on messaging and engagement
· Develop and deploy methods for ongoing measurement of transition effectiveness and impact. Use data and other learnings to propose, test and establish new communications channels, content and tools that support stakeholder needs and organizational goals
· Build strong and collaborative working relationships with cross-functional stakeholders
· Quickly and accurately identify barriers to individual and group success and provide a mitigation strategy to drive successful adoption
· Comprehend business needs/objectives, synthesize technical and specialized knowledge and translate them into executable tactics
· Develop and track organizational readiness metrics, including risk and resistance mitigation plans
· Develop, manage and implement change/adoption plans
· Establish timelines & milestones; schedule and monitor activities
· Measure and report effectiveness of communication and adoption efforts
· Bachelor's degree in business, organizational effectiveness or related discipline
· 3+ years of change management experience in a corporate environment, focused on large-scale transformational change
· Project Management experience in developing and executing project workbacks and timelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proven ability to communicate across a complex matrix on a corporate and multi-unit basis
· Experience initiating and driving the ideation process contributing meaningful, innovative strategies to the business
· Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
· Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining keen attention to detail
· Tolerance for ambiguity, strong prioritization skills, and the ability to work well with a large variety of personalities at all levels of business
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings® and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Back to top