Champions Product Owner
About KinderCare Education ®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award - one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
- In neighborhoods with our KinderCare ® Learning Centers and Rainbow Child Care Centers that offer early childhood education and child care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work through KinderCare Education at Work™, family benefits for employers including on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care
- In local schools with our Champions ® before and after-school programs.
The Champions Product Owner will be a leader in the development of systems and capabilities to match the speed of Champions business strategy and innovation. You will be focused on product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gaining a deep understanding of business operations, defining the product vision to align with the voice of the customer and our strategic principles, gathering and prioritizing detailed customer requirements, influencing at multiple levels in the organization, and executing against that vision with a scrum team.
We are looking for someone to join our team who will work collaboratively across multiple groups such as IT, Operations, Finance, Accounting, Field Leadership, and our Families to build out and enhance the suite of Champions applications such as the Parent Portal website and our back-end Center Management Systems, as well as the development of new products like a mobile app!
This is an exciting job for a passionate individual who desires the opportunity to work on high-visibility, Enterprise level initiatives as well as being a big part in maturing the Champions Business as we continue to grow and aim high!
- Drive successful, innovative customer-facing products from ideation through design, development and implementation
- Manage the product release life cycle from release planning to tactical activities, including backlog grooming and story acceptance
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements
- Working with stakeholders to understand business problem statements and convert them into user stories
- Partnering with Business groups in Business process optimization with an eye towards where technology can help
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business goals and objectives
- Lead development efforts by creating a vision roadmap and prioritizing the backlog based on the scope set by the business
- Act as a product evangelist building awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- 7+ years' direct experience working in an agile environment in a Product Owner role
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done with an open-mind and positive attitude
- Direct experience in product ownership and development of designing, developing, and deploying products
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and product owner best practices
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrixed organization
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to consistently deliver results
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Meet Some of KinderCare Education's Employees
Julian handles strategic sourcing and supply chain management within KinderCare’s Procurement Department. In collaboration with a national distribution partner, Julian sources and contracts food and beverage purchases for KinderCare centers.
Back to top