Business Intelligence Manager
Who we are
At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation's leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we're committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you're in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
• We're in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
• We're at offices with KinderCare Education at Work, our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
• And we're at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
KinderCare Education (KCE) is currently building out a new Business Intelligence solution, including an Enterprise Data Warehouse, and utilizing Microsoft SSAS/SSRS/Power BI for reporting and analytics. As part of this program, KCE is looking for a hands-on Business Intelligence Manager who thrives in a collaborative work environment. This role involves collaborating with peers in architecting highly performant solutions that delivers timely actionable information. You will partner with peers to understand business needs and design and develop solutions using the appropriate tools. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, thorough in their work, and able to help build up a high competency Analytics practice with a growing team. Additionally, the candidate would act as mentor on best practices both for the development team and for the business in their acceptance of the new BI solution, helping them become more mature in terms of the understanding and correct utilization of their own data assets.
The primary responsibility of the Business Intelligence Manager is to lead the team in the analysis, design, programming and production support of the Business Intelligence Solutions. You will also be responsible for the creation and support of standards, repeatable processes to deliver high quality solutions, and in evaluating and recommending appropriate solutions that will help achieve corporate objectives.
1. Provide Business Intelligence solutions including analytics, dashboards and reports to support KCE in making informed decisions that increase the bottom line through improved quality and services.
2. Design, develop and deploy SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Reports, utilizing DAX to create reports from Tabular Model.
3. Manage and Lead a team of developers in the delivery of high value solutions
4. Design, develop and deploy and tune SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular Models (SSAS) as needed
5. Collaborate with the Data Warehouse architect to help design highly performant solutions
6. Collaborate with the Business Analysts in requirements gathering, prototyping and requirements validation. Analyze and verify technical requirements for completeness, consistency, feasibility, and testability.
7. Apply software engineering concepts and best practices to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, extensibility, and flexibility.
8. Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications - verbally or through written documentation to project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders.
9. Champion code quality, integrity and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices.
10. Design and develop appropriate processes and procedures to ensure proactive data quality monitoring
11. Evangelize self-service Business Intelligence and help foster an environment of information-based decisions
12. Champion use of Business Intelligence to promote new capabilities thru user education, demos and discussions
13. Establish and lead the Business Intelligence User Group
14. Collaborate with a cross functional team including QA Analysts, Business Systems Analysts, Data Warehouse Architect and the product owner to ensure strategic alignment and high-quality outcomes
15. Collaborate with Peers to help establish the BI Team as a Center of Excellence
· Position requires a high degree of adaptability. Candidate will be faced with a variety of issues on a day to day basis and will be expected to respond to these issues appropriately while dealing with multiple priorities and task assignments.
· Work to be performed in a normal office environment during regular business hours. Occasional extended work hours when necessary to meet deadlines.
Experience and Education:
· BS or BA in computer science, business, or equivalent is required
· 8+ years' experience delivering Business Intelligence solutions using the MSBI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) with at least three years as a Team Leader or Manager
· Must have at least three years' experience as a lead BI Architect
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Candidates must have analytical and problem-solving skills in addition to a good grasp of both the technical and business factors of Business Intelligence Solutions Delivery.
· Strong understanding of Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse concepts, methods and tools.
· Proven experience designing, developing and deploying Enterprise Business Intelligence solutions to Production.
· High Proficiency in Microsoft Business Intelligence toolset, including:
o SSAS (Tabular Model, DAX & MDX a must)
o Power BI
o SSIS knowledge desirable
· Strong understanding of data modeling including star-schema, OLAP and 3N
· Expert level SQL Skills
· Expertise in one or more Visualization and BI Platforms required
· Prior project management experience, preferably in Agile
· Write high quality code that is robust, performant, and easy to maintain
· Prior experience with Predictive Analytics desirable
Leadership & Attitude:
Candidates should possess an attitude of lifetime learning to stay abreast of the latest technologies and practices.
Candidates should possess a strong sense of:
Pride, ownership and teamwork
Initiative, looking to proactively provide solutions, with the ability to think logically and independently
Candidates should possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able communicate with confidence in any situation.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Back to top