At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation's leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we're committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you're in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
- We're in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- We're at offices with KinderCare Education at Work, our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And we're at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
Leadership role in a team that provides customer service to parents and center staff in support of accurate billing and payment of tuition and fees. Effectively leads and facilitates all activities to help maintain the billing and payment systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leads the team to effectively accomplish company and department strategy, goals and objectives.
- Attracts and retains great talent in a highly engaged team; maintaining consistent focus on talent development and performance management.
- Monitors team performance through metrics and reports; holds team accountable to results.
- Assists the business with continuous improvement efforts, projects, and initiatives to result in ongoing incremental gains in quality and efficiency.
- Develop, establish, monitor and measure systems and procedures to improve accounts receivable team's efficiency and accuracy.
- Builds effective relationships with internal and external partners, including Field Operations, Customer Care and government agencies.
- Facilitates meetings and trainings to Field Operations, team, peers and government agencies on tuition and subsidy processes.
- Conducts financial analysis of tuition and subsidy results, evaluates, assesses and determines appropriate course of action; meets budgetary expectations.
- Complete ad hoc reporting and analysis as assigned.
- Assist with the financial audit process through coordination of audit requests and preparation of audit work papers.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and accounts receivable reports.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Key desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A minimum 5 years accounts receivable experience in a high volume environment required.
- Adaptability and flexibility required as job assignments will vary based upon department needs, incumbent's skills, and job assignment allowances.
- Strong computer skills and experience with financial billing and payment systems, incident tracking systems and general software like MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email).
- 2+ years of experience leading, supervising, training and developing staff.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Back to top