- Huntsville, Canada
SUMMARY OF POSITION
- Provide technical services to maintain and improve the reliability of piping and associated systems (Steam, Compressed air, Liquids, etc.); and restore failed systems back into service
- Working closely with high performance work and project team members the incumbent ensures all work assigned is executed in a safe and timely manner while maintaining system history and technical documentation
- The starting salary is $35.00/hour
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 year apprenticeship (trades licenses), SAP maintenance, purchasing and stores systems
- Steam fitter trade license 307A, blueprints including P&ID (instrumentation) and construction drawings, understanding of parts technical information for ordering, installation and problem-solving, communication with suppliers and vendor
Additional but not a requirement :
- Gas fitter trade license
- Work within design specifications per engineering documents or manufacturer's installation/service instructions. Need to maintain tight tolerances to prevent misalignment and leaks
- Install piping and associated systems, maintain to perform as designed for equipment to operate
- Piping systems design and in-field fitting
- Ability to influence direct team (generally made up of 3-5 trades people contractors)
- Manage employee guidance and instructions for shutdowns and project work
- Close working relationships with peer maintenance personnel, contractors and engineers
- Periodic contact with vendors and suppliers for equipment information
- Periodic contact with KC personnel outside of mill for SAP maintenance information exchange
- Ability to make decisions that in line with mill policies and procedures
- Organization and process of SAP maintenance systems including BOM's, cost tracking, work notification organization
- Provide active service when required during overtime conditions and or call-ins
- Requires attention to detail to ensure procedures and instructions are followed so that work is performed safely and equipment performs as designed, safely & reliably. If work is not performed to specification, possible negative impact to safety, sub-optimize equipment operation, poor reliability, environmental release, etc.
- Travel up to 5% of the work time
- Travel may also include business travels via aircrafts and motor vehicles to various locations
- May include prolong periods of standing, along with occasional bending, reaching, lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds, climbing, twisting, stooping etc. As well as working at heights, potential stored energy, heat (hot surfaces, fluids, steam)
Effective 01/01/2012, Kimberly Clark's Huntsville, Canada became a Tobacco Free Mill. Tobacco products - includes tobacco in any processed or unprocessed form that may be smoked, inhaled or chewed, including snuff and electronic cigarettes, but does not apply to products intended for use in nicotine replacement therapy for the purpose of quitting smoking, etc.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 56,000 employees worldwide and operations in 36 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $19.7 billion in 2010. Kimberly-Clark's global brands are sold in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing Sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
Back to top