Senior Counsel - Regulatory
- Roswell, GA
Senior Counsel - Regulatory
Senior Counsel - Regulatory
Location: Roswell, Georgia
Your sense of accountability makes you an executive who businesses compete for. You take ownership of your work as a matter of personal integrity and lead others to do the same. Our organization appreciates the timeliness with which you get things done as well as the solid results you deliver. You're someone we can count on. Let's talk!
Kimberly-Clark seeks to hire an experienced attorney for the position of Senior Counsel - Regulatory. Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel - Regulatory, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and providing guidance and strategic support on legal matters related to the successful operation of Kimberly-Clark's global quality, regulatory, and product safety functions across the Company's global and diverse product portfolio.
- Provide sound balanced legal advice on a wide range of quality, regulatory compliance, and product safety matters.
- Serve as key member of legal center of excellence supporting Kimberly-Clark's global Quality, Regulatory and Compliance ("QRC") function and K-C's business units and commercial legal teams.
- Provide advice on product development and marketing activities as they relate to quality, regulatory compliance, and product safety issues.
- Ensure the governance, integrity and effectiveness of QRC compliance programs.
- Provide counsel in responding to and managing significant agency inquiries and inspections, and support the handling of significant quality events.
- Establish a proven business partnership with the QRC leadership and governance teams and the leadership teams of each of Kimberly-Clark's business units.
- Partner with QRC teams to assist in monitoring external regulatory environment and key developments, and provide counsel in developing policies, procedures, programs, legal guidance documents, tools and training materials.
- Work collaboratively with Kimberly-Clark's global commercial legal teams and Litigation center of excellence in support of global quality, regulatory compliance, and product safety issues.
Some of our best work is born out of great collaborations between individuals, with other teams, and between colleagues at any level who want to see ideas through.
This position reports to the Assistant General Counsel - Regulatory, and works closely with each of K-C's business general counsels and their teams.
Ideal Experience, Qualifications, Capabilities:
- J.D. or equivalent and admitted to practice in at least one U.S. state bar; an academic record of distinction preferred.
- 7+ years of experience at top-tier international law firm or large multi-national company, preferably along with direct work experience with government regulatory body such as FDA or international equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience counseling clients on FDA, EPA, NIOSH, CPSC regulations (and/or international analogous regulations) and wide range of quality, regulatory compliance, and product safety matters concerning medical devices, PPE, biocides, disinfectants, cosmetics, and/or consumer products.
- Demonstrated track record of partnering with and influencing business clients to manage risks to the enterprise while delivering business results.
- Demonstrated track record in establishing and maintaining a sound culture of compliance and operating with the highest ethical standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills, to work with all levels within the organization and have executive-level presence to interact with regional business leadership.
- Proven systematic, organizational, problem-solving, and follow-up skills; ability to interpret rules and guidelines, and then conceptualize and implement into advice, guidance, programs/training, and controls.
- Excellent reading, comprehension, analytical skills and attention to detail, and highly developed written and verbal communication skills; ability to prioritize and work simultaneously on multiple projects and ability to organize and analyze complex information and data.
- Ability to demonstrate sound and independent judgment, prudence, and maturity; ability to act independently and work collaboratively across functional areas; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Travel Requirements: 10-20%
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them to do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have the authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
K-C will support in country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C's applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C's sole discretion.
Back to top