- Oak Ridge, TN
Hourly, Non-exempt position
Kimberly-Clark is a leading global health & hygiene company and home to some of the world's most trusted and recognized brands: KLEENEX®, SCOTT, HUGGIES®, PULL-UPS®, KOTEX®, DEPENDS, and WYPALL. As a world-class employer, Kimberly-Clark offers training, competitive pay and benefits.
We currently seeking to create a pool of qualified candidates for future entry level Operations Partners at our Loudon, TN location.
- If interested and qualified in becoming part of the Kimberly-Clark Loudon World Class team, please apply online only at: www.careersatkc.com. Select North America, create your online profile, and apply.
- Resumes will be accepted ONLINE ONLY.
- No resumes, applications, or telephone calls will be accepted at the facility
- For more information about our company, visit us at www.Kimberly-Clark.com.
- Kimberly-Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Perform work in a safe manner. Identify and correct unsafe acts and conditions
- Reinforce safe work behaviors among others
- Ensure that products produced and shipped, while on shift, meet customer requirements
- Ensure that process equipment and work areas are maintained in a manner which meets established housekeeping standards
- Works effectively with others to meet business requirements. Help others without being directed
- Ensure that work area documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Provide meaningful feedback which encourages positive work behaviors
- Make adequate progress toward completing established Career Plan
- Understand operation of process line and the function of component equipment
- Demonstrate proficiency at making machine adjustments required to control material characteristics, such as: dirt count, strength, bulk, tension, draw, profile, etc.
- Identify assignable causes of process break-downs and variation in run ability
- Minimize process delay due to machine tasks such as: grade change, roll change, etc.
- Ensure that quality tests are done correctly and in a timely manner, and documents are maintained correctly
- React promptly to process upsets and out of control conditions
- Flow to Work as required to meet business needs
- Utilize mill systems (such as Haztrax, Qualtrax, Microsoft Office, ETQ, Outlook, PIMS, SAP, etc.)
- Take initiative to complete work and perform necessary tasks with little or no supervision
- Effectively communicate with peers and co-workers
- Utilize problem solving and decision-making skills
- Entry pay rate: starts at $18.53/ hour.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Legal right to work in the United States
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Ability to work rotating 12-hour shifts including days, nights, holidays, weekends and overtime
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated safety and attendance performance
- Ability to work in a team environment (Loudon Mill is a High-Performance Work System)
- Candidate must have one of the following: At least 1 year of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment; orat least 2 years of military experience; or technical degree or certification in Manufacturing Technology or related field
- Technical skills in either mechanical or electrical
- Skills for mechanical include troubleshooting, disassembling equipment, parts replacement, general machine repair
- Additional skills in gear boxes, couplings, drawings & schematics, bearings, pumps, or rigging are preferred
- Skills for electrical include troubleshooting, motors and drives, PLCs, instrumentation, and distributed control system
- Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
Back to top