Manager, Revenue Growth Management - Brand
- Chicago, IL
Manager, Revenue Growth Management - Brand
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
Serves as key member of the Revenue Growth Management team for the Adult/Femcare (AFC) BU. This role is responsible for the analytics & development of recommendations to achieve theUbk Feminine Caregoals as defined by the Strategic Business Plan as well as providing ad hoc analytical support. Develops brand pricing strategies, pack architecture and value capture initiatives to deliver 2%-3% operating profit annually. Serves as a key strategic partner on the HHC category leadership team , ensuring RGM plans are integrated into Strategic Business Planning processes and contributing to the delivery of brand growth and objectives
- Ensures, at minimum, a 3 year pipeline of initiatives delivering 2%-3% Operating Profit for the business Unit via pricing, PPA, mix and gross to net improvement
- Supports Price Strategy projects, led by RGM, with analytics in category, competitor, customer and consumer diagnostics
- Accountable for integrating consumer insights and developing data driven recommendations
- Identify opportunities to drive profit via price accretive actions across the RGM levers (Everyday pricing, Promo Pricing, Promo Freq/Depth, Discount Curves, Mix Shift)
- Understand Channel pricing relationships and the roles of the category and assigned brands within each channel to develop assortment or pricing to manage and reduce channel conflict
- Apply Brand's price strategy principles to the portfolio, when new packs are identified or Ad hoc pricing analysis is required by developing and driving approval with the Brand GM of:
- Suggested retail pricing (e.g., SRP, EDLP pricing, Promoted Pricing)
- Promotion Strategy by brand (depth, frequency, duration, promoted partners)
- List price, LAC & trade structures enabling retail strategies
- Discount Curves
- Be a cross-functional team member in Brand identified IMF projects with accountability for pricing aspects of the project (Interfacing with I&A team on consumer research on price)
- Act as the hub of existing insights work across the portfolio and develop a standard cadence of consumer and shopper insights distribution across the team
- Partner with BU Sales to identify executional barriers, and address issues prior to deployment of price strategy, and inform pricing elements of the AOP download process
- Category Price Management:
- Define and articulate the role of pricing and promotion within the HHC category, grounded in consumer and shopper insights
- Evaluate competitor pricing strategies and analyze impact to KC brands, developing recommendations to address business impacts.
- Lead recommendations & secure decision on Ad Hoc price analysis, including:
- Proactively identifying opportunities for Revenue
- Price & Volume impact analysis leveraging different elasticity factors (e.g., primary product, cross-product, cross-customer) or econometric tools and their application to business problems
- Where needed, create analytical models for pricing scenarios
- Operational Pricing
- Establish the pricing framework, guidelines, and discount curves needed to allow for efficient decision making aligned to brand strategies
- Integrate established pricing guidelines into the introduction of new SKU's developing all pricing elements and securing approval of Brand leadership
- Actively participate in innovation projects to ensure innovation enables and unlocks RGM principles & considerations to drive NRR
- Leverage internal and external data sources in the creation of statistical and analytic reviews of the pricing strategy, revenue optimization and promotional price activity
- Develop and communicate the strategic, financial and administrative implications of proposed pricing approach
- Promotional Strategy Integration
- Partner with the Trade Optimization team to understand customer or channel specific findings. Evaluate findings & determine updates on strategy. Where applicable, drive recommendation of changes and guidance to DPSM impacts for field teams via Annual Operating Process downloads.
- Collaborate with Finance Partners (Brand or Customer) to quantify the 'cost of the plan' in terms of trade investment needed to execute promotional strategies
- Partner with BU Sales, BU Finance and CPI Team to ensure trade rates by channel and customer allow the BU to deliver its price strategy and associated financial objectives
- Process Development and Process Improvement
- Maintain RGM pricing analysis tools with a high level of data integrity to enable usage on short notice to drive fast decision making
- Identify gaps within current BU/Pricing management processes. Develop recommendations for improvement to drive better clarity and efficiency
- Work with multiple stakeholder groups to bring recommendations to life
- Take a proactive approach towards enhancing the organization's acumen around pricing considerations
- Education: Bachelor's degree in business or other discipline that requires quantitative knowledge. Master's degree a plus.
- Demonstrated Performance:
- 5+ years of business experience, at least three within sales, consumer pricing, revenue growth management, or finance in the consumer sector preferred
- Strong Analytical skills:
- Able to execute pricing analytics (e.g., linear regression, customer segmentation, predictive modeling) with little / no supervision of have a demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new analytics
- Able to develop new analytical techniques with support of broader team
- Able to synthesize marketing and pricing information to draw insights and actionable recommendations (e.g., structure the problem, collect data, identify issues and present results)
- Strategic Thinking: the individual must have strong conceptual thinking skills and have a basic understanding of marketing strategies and market research
- Communication skills: the individual must be able to effectively influence individuals at levels senior to him or her, and across the organization including sales, marketing, market research, and finance.
- Leadership skills: Must be able to bring together multiple functions to achieve results and drive recommendations with Senior Management.
Reports to the RGM Team Lead for the BU. Will also work with brand marketing teams, BU Sales teams, category management, Insights and Analytics, Brand Finance, and Customer Development Finance.
Position is located in Kimberly-Clark'sfuturecampus in Chicago, IL
Ability to travel no more that 10% of the time.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role outside of country, this role is available for in-country relocation only.
Back to top