Maintenance Mechanical Technician
- Tupelo, MS
Maintenance Mechanical Technician
Kimberly-Clark Corinth Global Nonwovens Mill is EXPANDING AGAIN! Kimberly-Clark Corinth Global Nonwovens is in the process of starting a $140 million expansion to increase capacity and bring new nonwovens capability to Corinth, MS.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.What is it like to work for Kimberly-Clark? Find out HERE! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ostX9U12KRU&t=84s
Your enthusiasm for collaborating makes you a vital part of our team
Collaboration can stimulate your best thinking and sparks the best in everyone you work with. You're open to different perspectives and helping to synthesize them into solid solutions. We value your ability to work with people with different points of view to reach solutions that everybody understands and respects. You will be a boon to our workplace.
Maintenance Mechanical Technician
The Maintenance Department at Corinth GNW Mill is responsible for the upkeep, repair, and preventative maintenance of all equipment associated with the production, packaging, and distribution of Kimberly-Clark products at Corinth GNW Mill.
Maintenance Mechanical Technician provides the mill with a hands-on technical resource with the knowledge and background to analyze problems and develop and implement solutions in the machinist / mechanical maintenance fields. Responsibilities also include meeting business objectives in machine safety, reliability, uptime, yield, and customer requirements and providing support in functional areas.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of an approved apprenticeship program or technical associate degree, with a minimum of 24 months related industrial maintenance mechanical experience OR 5 years' experience as mechanic in heavy duty manufacturing
- Must be able to maintain a work schedule of 12-hour shifts primarily on days and overtime including holidays, on-call, and weekends as required.
- Basic computer skills; Excel, MS Word, Outlook email
- Must be able to understand preventive/proactive/predictive maintenance concepts
- Be able to pass a pre-employment assessment
- Be able to pass pre-employment drug and background screening
- Be able to pass post offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test
Mechanical skills in the following areas:
- Become mills expert utilizing laser alignment equipment.
- Understand vibration reports
- Rebuilding of gear boxes and pumps
- Bearing checks and proper set up
- Must be able to explain different type pumps and where used
- Must be able to explain different couplings and where used
- Troubleshooting and repair of rotary joints
- Understand hydraulics and capable of troubleshooting and repair
Welding and Pipe Fitting:
- Weld stainless and black pipe - both stick and tig
- Explain proper way to prepare pipe for welding
- Lay out pipe for shop fabrication
- Knowledge of different type rods and where to use
- Basic working knowledge of lathe, mill, key setter, hydraulic press
- Bore couplings and broach couplings
- Make pump shafts, including threading
- Ability to use precision measuring tools
General (in addition to support of all mfg. equipment):
- Work with and direct contractors
- Know all basic hand tools and precision tools
- Size bearing fits or shafts
- Lead Roll installations
- Bearing set up
- Shaft alignment
- Rotary joints
- Core shafts
- Daily rounds
- Down support
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Must maintain excellent safety and attendance performance
- Good communication and listening skills
- Demonstrate safety leadership by knowing and following all safety rules including safe lifting procedures.
- Consistently demonstrate initiative in addressing unsafe acts and conditions.
- Report all near misses, property damages, and safety incidents.
- Evaluate, identify, and mitigate all potential safety hazards before starting any task.
- Understand and apply the quality management process in all assignments and responsibilities.
- Assure work activities (PM's work orders, etc.) are completed with little rework.
- Keep accurate information in SAP and other maintenance systems.
Productivity / Efficiency
- Utilize key information to make sound business decisions that minimize overall cost to the mill.
- Understand key cost concepts and cost drivers (uptime, first pass yield, final yield/reclaim, labor cost, maintenance cost, operating supplies, etc.)
- Utilize key information to make sound business decisions that minimize overall cost to mill.
Human Resource Development
- Support process to achieve team objectives.
- Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized as a designer, developer, and leader.
- Solve technical problems in areas of responsibility.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for self-development.
- Work with other team members (maintenance, operations, others) to meet and exceed mill priorities.
- In-depth troubleshooting capabilities on technical issues for areas of responsibility.
- Maintain knowledge of current business plans and objectives to provide pro-active support and leadership towards meeting those business objectives.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Maintain a capable teacher status for problem solving (2 pie).
- Be engaged, participate, and support the process.
Individuals hired into this position will be paid a recruiting bonus of $2500.
First-class benefits and competitive hourly rates are available on first day of hire. They include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Dependent Care Spending Account, Short and Long-Term Disability, Employer-paid Life Insurance, paid holidays, 401(K) plan, vacation, 24/7 on-site Fitness Center, on-site Occupational Health Nurse, annual uniform, safety shoe and safety glasses allowances. For additional information on benefits go to www.mykcbenefits.com.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
Back to top