Lead Controls Engineer
- Greenville, TX
Lead Controls Engineer
Lead Controls Engineers (Electrical Engineers) at Kimberly-Clark initiate, design, develop, optimize and problem solve manufacturing processes in a manner that meets safety and performance expectations.
The Lead Controls Engineer for this role will provide leadership and creativity in design, development, optimization and implementation of electrical control systems. Candidates must have expertise across multiple technologies in both staff and plant environments and will have a demonstrated ability to effectively provide specific project work direction to a broad range of team members. The incumbent reports to an Engineering Leader and receives direction in the form of general objectives.
- Lead single or multiple product or process improvement projects with a financial scope of up to $10 million from conception to commercialization.
- Provide functional leadership and creativity in the initiation, design, development and optimization of converting and manufacturing equipment and processes to meet unit objectives.
- Develop knowledge and skills in leadership of the application of engineering principles, scientific analysis and project management.
- Carry out all job responsibilities in a safe manner. Develop equipment and processes that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines. Provide for the safety and well being of operators, maintenance and other personnel.
- Seek, recognize, define and solve problems/opportunities to achieve unit objectives. Identify complex technical issues to determine root cause. Explore, initiate, design, optimize and develop manufacturing and supporting processes.
- Assist in the development of others within the area of the incumbents expertise.
- A bachelors or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited College or University is preferred. Other four year technical degrees and relevant experience may be considered.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a variety of technical or operational assignments.
- Strong experience with manufacturing control systems, variable speed motor drives; HMI (Human Machine Interfaces); sensors; automated inspection systems.
- Effective interactive skills.
- Specific, in depth technical knowledge and expertise in Electrical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience in a variety of plant and staff assignments, including maintenance and operations.
- Experience and expertise with Kimberly-Clark engineering technology, procedures, processes and products.
- A demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve project results within required timeframes.
- Evidence of continuing self development.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will provide relocation support for this role.
Back to top