Director, Corporate Strategy
Director, Corporate Strategy
Director, Corporate Strategy
Location: Dallas, Texas
Kimberly-Clark's global Corporate Strategy team has played a key role in solving the company's largest and most pressing strategic issues for the past 10+ years. The group's purpose is to lead development and implementation of enterprise-wide strategy and develop strategic recommendations on issues at the highest level of the organization, while serving as a talent pipeline for the company. This team is comprised of high potential internal and external talent capable of moving into key operating roles within 18-36 months. For external talent, this opportunity provides an expedited way to gain an understanding of the company and make meaningful contributions, and then transition into an operating role. If desired, opportunities to progress and remain in Corporate Strategy may exist.
The Director - Corporate Strategy will report to the Senior Director of Corporate Strategy within the Strategy Office. Work is strongly influenced by the CEO and other C-level executives, global functional and strategic leaders, and business P&L owners. The Director is expected to be both an individual contributor and manage projects and resources, depending on project scope. While there are not dedicated direct reports associated with this role, the Director will likely manage Corporate Strategy and other K-C team members on various projects depending on project scope.
- The selected strategist will work closely with the CSO, CEO, and senior business leaders in leading the development of the corporate strategy and executing projects associated with the CEO's value creation agenda. Additionally, s/he will work with business unit teams (regions) and functions to create strategies at a regional, functional, category, brand and /or country level that drive shareholder value with clear plans for implementation.
- Guide end-to-end strategy development and make adjustments to existing strategies based upon new learning and changes in the competitive environment.
- Evaluate the portfolio and make recommendations on changes to the focus and levels of investment/ resource allocation.
- Contribute to business growth by identifying and prioritizing potential business opportunities and evaluating potential investments, strategic partnerships, and/or M&A activities.
- Work closely with the Corporate Strategy team and others in developing and making presentations to senior management, the Board of Directors, and key external constituencies on strategic matters pertaining to corporate strategy.
- Add personal insight, galvanize discussion and debate across the organization on key strategic issues, generating ideas and creative frameworks, and use a combination of facts, judgment, and personal impact to build credibility and influence outcomes.
- Proactively take on additional responsibilities and projects as needed to continuously improve Kimberly-Clark's performance.
- MBA from top-tier business school highly preferred
- 10+ years of business experience in strategy consulting, related business analysis, functional line experience within strategy, marketing, finance, operations, or sales analytics with a history of demonstrated business success.
- 3+ years of consulting experience with one of the blue-chip strategy consulting firms (Bain, BCG, McKinsey, etc.) or comparable strategy consulting firm / function.
- Additional industry experience in a consumer-oriented (CPG, retail) company in strategy development, finance, marketing, or other role with strategic content highly preferred.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills, characteristics and experiences:
- Project Management: Ability to scope projects, manage, teams, deliver results against set expectations, timelines, and budgets, etc.
- Written and Verbal Communication: Excellent communication and presentation skills, including strong PowerPoint / deck-writing skills; capable of catering a message appropriately for a given audience
- Structured Problem Solving: Brings structure to ambiguous problems and possesses the ability to frame key questions and develop a workplan to answer them.
- Analytical and Quantitative: Strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to independently generate strategic insights.
- Executive Presence: Viewed as promotable to a line operating role or another key position in corporate functions (e.g., Finance, Global Marketing).
- Business Judgment: Possesses insight and understanding in dealing with risks and opportunities in business that is likely to lead to favorable outcomes.
- Initiative and Motivation: Highly motivated self-starter who is performance driven.
- Consumer (CPG and Retail) Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of key players, dynamics and trends, key industry analyses and metrics, etc.
- Engaging and Collaborative: Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Influence and Stakeholder Management: Ability to manage and influence senior-level stakeholders.
- Knowledge and Enthusiasm for K-C: Knowledge of the K-C organization, brands, metrics, etc.; enthusiastic about the potential strategic options facing Kimberly-Clark.
- Agile and Versatile: Demonstrated track record of success working in a fast-paced setting.
- Scope of Experience: Experience working in the context of a large, complex, global organization where working across boundaries and leading through influence are keys to success; for example:
- Experience participating in complex, global, transformational, enterprise-wide initiatives, and seeing initiatives all the way through execution;
- International experience with working knowledge of languages where K-C has large operations.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
K-C will support global relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C's applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C's sole discretion.
Back to top