Kforce has a client that is currently seeking a Technical Writer in the Tampa, FL area.Summary:The Technical Writer is responsible for developing high quality content for technical (application development, cyber security, cloud computing, business process management, and enterprise infrastructure management) documents. As a key member of the team, the Technical Writer must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with personnel (through interviews and discussion) at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) preferred in technical field, Communications or English
- 3 years of experience
- Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads complex technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, policies, procedures, and technical specifications
- Reviews and revises documents prepared by others and coordinates the preparation of those materials for a completed product
- Reviews and edits complex written and graphic technical materials for accuracy, brevity, clarity, and completeness
- Supports informational documentation, briefings and meetings by editing, and posting/maintaining the deliverables on a collaboration portal
- Establishes and creates style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations to meet customer; Develops user guides, quick reference guides, process documentation, and other types of standard documents
- Establishes documentation meet deadlines, quality standards, and client needs
- Demonstrates experience in SharePoint, Confluence or other knowledge management systems, uploading and managing lists, libraries, and workflows
- Participates in requirement and design review meetings to stay informed of potential impact to materials
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products (Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and Adobe
- Demonstrates proven written and verbal skills in conveying complex technical information clearly and persuasively to readers who have varying levels of technical subject matter specialization
Kforce is a professional staffing services firm offering Technology and Finance & Accounting jobs with top employers nationwide. We specialize in providing contract, contract-to-hire and direct placement opportunities, with over 50 years of experience in the staffing industry. Kforce offers many consultants comprehensive benefits depending on employment status, including medical, dental, 401(K), life insurance and disability. Our vision is to be "the firm most respected by those we serve."